Suite query

19 hours ago, Mama.nurse said:

Hi,

I am looking to book a suite on Iona, we will have our toddlers 4 and 3year olds. Would our butler be able to get the children into the kids club without us having to book them in? If we forget or if we are on an excursion the day before? 

Don't worry we won't go to the epicurean for breakfast, although very well behaved. Just incase. 

Does anyone else know what we could use the butler for with having two little ones? 

There is absolutely no reason why you should not go to Epicurean for breakfast. It is something factored into the price you paid and if you wish to, you should use it. The waiting staff will no doubt welcome your children, and more than likely, spoil them. I can’t think that any other guests will disapprove, if they do, tough. They can choose to eat elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crompton21 said:

Butlers always appear to be hard working and active, in recent times there seems to have been less butlers employed and consequently I think that they are probably busier and faced with more requests than was once the case.
If the attendance of your children in the kids club on a specific day is important to you then I’d recommend booking it yourself.  It will take longer to explain to the butler what you want and then to confirm that it has been arranged than it will take you to do it yourself.

Ok, it was just because the booking slot comes out the day before at 10am and we will be on a couple of excursions the day before. But if it's not possible it's not a problem just wanted to see what the butler can do to help us with a young family. 

34 minutes ago, Mama.nurse said:

Ok, it was just because the booking slot comes out the day before at 10am and we will be on a couple of excursions the day before. But if it's not possible it's not a problem just wanted to see what the butler can do to help us with a young family. 

If he's anything like the one we had on Arvia last year he will do as little as possible. In the past our butler has been more than happy to book reservations in the MDR or speciality restaurants for us as well as arranging with the manager so that our daughter (not in the suite) could dine with us for breakfast. Last year he said he was unable to do any of that and it had to be done on the app. Totally useless, unless we were just unlucky.

9 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

If he's anything like the one we had on Arvia last year he will do as little as possible. In the past our butler has been more than happy to book reservations in the MDR or speciality restaurants for us as well as arranging with the manager so that our daughter (not in the suite) could dine with us for breakfast. Last year he said he was unable to do any of that and it had to be done on the app. Totally useless, unless we were just unlucky.

After reading all your advice I will keep an eye because this was quite a big difference in price but as it's our 10th year wedding anniversary and 20th year together we thought we'd splash out a bit, if service isn't up to scratch then I will raise the issue. Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Mama.nurse said:

After reading all your advice I will keep an eye because this was quite a big difference in price but as it's our 10th year wedding anniversary and 20th year together we thought we'd splash out a bit, if service isn't up to scratch then I will raise the issue. Thank you. 

Don't get me wrong we have had some excellent butlers who have gone above and beyond and I hope that last years experience was just a fluke. Wishing you all a fantastic cruise on a beautiful ship...enjoy 😁