Israel - itinerary changes

Kobilee

We're docking in Haifa on June 16.  Still on schedule.  I think that the unrest will not affect tourist areas.  But if any port changes would happen, it would be only done a few days out.  

Edited by mikebsxm
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

All depends on the cruise line and itinerary. There isn't a couple of ports that get substituted every time, or are the only ones that can be exchanged.

Hmm OK makes sense. Its Athens to Athens on Celebrity Apex.

12 minutes ago, mikebsxm said:

Which cruise line, dates, and itinerary ?

the cruise was by NCL in November of 2021.  it was a 10 night cruise from Greece and was supposed to have two nights in Israel and a night in turkey.  

10 days or so before departure i was emailed saying that they had cancelled Israel and added a port in turkey to compensate. when i check in at the port, i am informed that Turkey was scratched too.

to make matters worse, everything about the cruise was awful once we got onboard. 

Edited by MSUjohn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MSUjohn said:

the cruise was by NCL in November of 2021.  it was a 10 night cruise from Greece and was supposed to have two nights in Israel and a night in turkey.  

10 days or so before departure i was emailed saying that they had cancelled Israel and added a port in turkey to compensate. when i check in at the port, i am informed that Turkey was scratched too.

to make matters worse, everything about the cruise was awful once we got onboard. 

Thats such a shame that your cruise was disappointing! We are scheduled to go there in October however, I have heard some cruises are changing itineraries now. We will make a decision before final payment.

16 hours ago, Kobilee said:

Thats such a shame that your cruise was disappointing! We are scheduled to go there in October however, I have heard some cruises are changing itineraries now. We will make a decision before final payment.

probably the worse thing was we (my father and i) brought my sister, her first cruise ever. she hated it.

entertainment: cut to the bone and covid made it worse

food: mediocre to poor

staff: mediocre to poor (covid restart mainly new crew)

itinerary: shredded

my dad and i felt awful about my sister. there were 400+ total day cruisers telling her this was the worst cruise ever and not to judge cruising on this. 

On 5/18/2023 at 5:26 PM, MSUjohn said:

What ports did they substitute for Turkey/Israel?  Was looking at traveling to those ports, but am concerned that they'll be changed.

10 hours ago, 3redheads said:

What ports did they substitute for Turkey/Israel?  Was looking at traveling to those ports, but am concerned that they'll be changed.

i would not worry too much, this was after cruising restart. the ports Volos, i think lesbos and i cant remember the third but it might have been a repeat. 

• Like 1