Adding a second passenger before and after final-payment

rj1227

I am currently booked as a solo traveler in a balcony cabin on a future T/A crossing. I believe my final-payment deadline is August 15 (four months before the sailing). Other than paying a higher fare, is there any difficulty in adding before final payment a second passenger to the cabin I booked? What about after the final payment? I would think Cunard would welcome the addition because it means a higher fare and more spending on board.

If you wanted to add a second passenger before final payment you might want to cancel and rebook. I believe that as a solo passenger in a balcony cabin you had to pay an up-charge (75-80%???). If you rebooked then both you and the second passenger would pay the normal fare. You, or your TA, should be able to do this pretty easily and even keep your same cabin assignment if you wanted. 

Not sure how this would best be handled after final payment.

In either case, contacting Cunard for clarification would be your best bet.

Jack

I encountered a similar issue on my upcoming TA - my vacation planner told me that I could add a second person to the booking at any time up to six days before the ship sailed, and that the only additional charge would be that person's port taxes, gratuities, etc. Definitely check with yours if you have one, though.

Friends, thank you for the responses. I did call Cunard and was told that another passenger can be added if done at least 14 days before the sailing. I did not ask any specific questions regarding pricing. In my case, my sailing is in December, and at the moment, it is still not clear whether someone will be able to join me. I did send an email to my travel agent to begin a dialogue with her regarding option.

• Like 2