Back to Back (b2b) and OBC Questions

middlemcd

I booked an 11 night cruise that is two cruises (a 7 night, followed by a 4 night) on Seaside. I have sailed MSC multiple times, but never a b2b. I have two questions:

1. My booking included $500 on board credit (OBC)- if I do not spend all of it on the first part of the trip, will it roll over to the second part? My research says I will get a new cruise card on the turn around day (even if staying in same cabin), but I am wondering if the funds balance follows as well.

2. Semi related- I plan to use some of that OBC to book the 4 speciality dining package. If I purchase the package during the first part of trip, can I use some of the meals the first part, and the rest for the second part?

Edited by middlemcd

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 1:53 PM, middlemcd said:

I booked an 11 night cruise that is two cruises (a 7 night, followed by a 4 night) on Seaside. I have sailed MSC multiple times, but never a b2b. I have two questions:

1. My booking included $500 on board credit (OBC)- if I do not spend all of it on the first part of the trip, will it roll over to the second part? My research says I will get a new cruise card on the turn around day (even if staying in same cabin), but I am wondering if the funds balance follows as well.

2. Semi related- I plan to use some of that OBC to book the 4 speciality dining package. If I purchase the package during the first part of trip, can I use some of the meals the first part, and the rest for the second part?

Did you book the 2 cruises as one cruise or do they have separate booking numbers?  On the Seaside we booked 3 cruises b2b2b and the funds did roll over but it is best if you go to guest services when you get onboard to make sure. The reason why I say this is because we booked a b2b2b on the Divina as 3 different cruises and the obc did not roll over. 

If you booked as 2 individual cruises then you will get a new cruise card for the second cruise. We we booked as b2b as one cruise (one booking number), we did not get a new cruise card. 

The answer for the specialty dining is no in my experience. You will need to use the package on one cruise or the other. 

It all depends if booked as one or two for your answers.