Fly Cruise Malta Options?

GSPG

I have P&O cruising from Valetta on the radar aboard Azura.

I have never done a fly cruise however and wondered how flexible the flight booking is?

Rather than just turn up in Malta from the flight and board the ship straightaway, it would be good to be able to stay in a hotel and spend at least a couple of days exploring a bit of Malta.

Any knowledge or suggestions how to achieve this.

Thanks

1 hour ago, GSPG said:

I have never done a fly cruise however and wondered how flexible the flight booking is?

Rather than just turn up in Malta from the flight and board the ship straightaway, it would be good to be able to stay in a hotel and spend at least a couple of days exploring a bit of Malta.

Thanks

Speak to one of the cruise TA's. We did BA flights, 2 nights in Malta 7 nights Azura and another night in Malta 4* hotel and transfers.Can't tell you who with, not allowed ,although the email came from cruise critic.

We have done this for September.

We contacted P&O  to explain that we wanted to have sometime in Malta beforehand , gave them our dates and they changed the flights out to Malta .

We paid £20.00 each that was in February so not sure how much you would be charged as to when you fly.

We booked the cruise with P&O so no problem.

We booked our hotel and transfer independently.

22 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks

Before Covid we had booked to fly out the day before joining Oceana (sob) and then join the ship the next day. The flights were with Easyjet so not brill but it would have been fab. This was all booked and planned with P&O direct

Edited by Presto2