Do we need to all arrive at the same time?

We have a total of 4 cabins booked (all Oceanview).

One cabin is my wife and myself.  In a connecting cabin we have our 3 kids, ages 22, 14, and 11.  Their cabin is linked to ours, which is needed for the 14 and 11 year olds. My parents are in a cabin down the hall, and father-in-law also down the hall.

We're driving to the port, in two cars. The plan is for our 22 year old to spend some time with my parents prior to the cruise, and they will meet us at the port.  If they get there before us, will they have to wait for us to check in? Or would we have to wait for them, if we get there first? We're not coming from the same place, so coordinating arrival times will be approximate at best.

The port is New Orleans, so, if one group has to wait for the other, is there a good place to arrange to meet?

Thanks!

I don't think the minors can check in before the adult in the second stateroom. Either way I would wait for everyone to go through the process together but if it's not necessary then it's up to you.

Edited by mz-s

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I don't think the minors can check in before the adult in the second stateroom. Either way I would wait for everyone to go through the process together but if it's not necessary then it's up to you.

I'm going to agree with @mz-s. I'd be a little careful about that cabin with your minor children even though the oldest is 22. That's not old enough (25 minimum) to be considered the 'responsible party' in that cabin. They all are necessarily tied to you. Obviously a call to Carnival is prudent and clearly your folks and FIL are fine on their own.

As to a super convenient meeting place I'd perhaps suggest the Riverwalk Food Court or one of the hotels along Convention Center Blvd.  All are easily walkable to the port entrance.

• Like 1

Thanks. It's a bit of a strange situation, I guess, because if the 22 year old had her own cabin, it would be fine.  The two younger ones will be arriving with my wife and I.  It's just the oldest coming with the grandparents. 

In terms of a meeting place, I should have added. My father-in-law has somewhat limited mobility. The Riverwalk Food Court might be a little too far from the Erato St. Terminal.  The nice thing about the Erato St. terminal is how the parking is just an elevator ride to the check in.