Crazy Booking

candy4040

I'm not sure what's going on with my booking.  I paid my deposit yesterday and paid the amount over the phone because web-site would not allow me to pay on-line.  I received a confirmation e-mail and my deposit amount was shown as $200.  Went to check today and now booking has disappeared entirely yet I had received a confirmation e-mail.    I called and Princess rep indicated it was cancelled because deposit was actually $400.  Went round and round that I had given my deposit of 200 yesterday and if I had known they wanted 400 I would have gladly paid it.  Somehow after numerous times on hold, my reservation was reinstated but for some reason they now showed a payment of 600 and I had also lost 100 of OBC and they had also added a transfer fee for transportation to and from the ship which was never included in the first place.  I then went and tried a mock booking and it shows I only needed a 100 deposit.

When will they ever get things straight?  Every time I try and book something on line or try to make payments the website seems to have problems.  This is very frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

I'm not sure what's going on with my booking.  I paid my deposit yesterday and paid the amount over the phone because web-site would not allow me to pay on-line.  I received a confirmation e-mail and my deposit amount was shown as $200.  Went to check today and now booking has disappeared entirely yet I had received a confirmation e-mail.    I called and Princess rep indicated it was cancelled because deposit was actually $400.  Went round and round that I had given my deposit of 200 yesterday and if I had known they wanted 400 I would have gladly paid it.  Somehow after numerous times on hold, my reservation was reinstated but for some reason they now showed a payment of 600 and I had also lost 100 of OBC and they had also added a transfer fee for transportation to and from the ship which was never included in the first place.  I then went and tried a mock booking and it shows I only needed a 100 deposit.

When will they ever get things straight?  Every time I try and book something on line or try to make payments the website seems to have problems.  This is very frustrating.

Find a good TA and let them do the booking, and handle whatever mess come up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

Often, a Princess rep will add Princess transportation and Princess insurance.  However, they ought to disclose that, but it should be obvious something has been added when they tell you the pricing (it wouldn't match what you see online).  Anyway, removing the transportation is trivial, but does require a phone call.  Make sure you know if you have or want insurance.  Also, if you selected a cabin you want, make sure it is marked "No Upgrade".  Who knows why you had issue making online payment, but I would call in and discuss that and mention that the online booking indicates $100/pp deposit.  Perhaps getting a different rep when you call in again will result in someone more experienced.  Select the phone option to book a new cruise.

2 minutes ago, ClydeKilgore said:

Find a good TA and let them do the booking, and handle whatever mess come up.  

Good idea, but not practical in the short term to address an immediate issue.  It is likely the OP doesn't know a "good Princess TA".  They could get booking fixed and then perhaps they might find such a TA in next 30 days and can still transfer the booking.

Edited by Steelers36