Jump to content

Is Ambassador only for British?


Recommended Posts

Not that I’m aware of - my DH and I sailed with them in March and got talking to a Canadian gentleman who was sailing with his British wife. My understanding was that he was resident in the UK but still travelling on a Canadian passport. I think there is often an assumption that because they sail out of the UK and are very much aimed at the “British market” (whatever that means) that there are restrictions. However I also think they don’t make it easy for non-UK residents to book… I think Saga have a similar reputation. As previously suggested I’d contact them direct to discuss the options. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I might have seen somewhere that you have to be a UK citizen to cruise on Ambassador? Is this true? Thanks in advance

It doesn't look that way from their terms & conditions.

 

I suggest you email them on guestservices@ambassadorcruiseline.com

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband is travelling on his Canadian passport.  They never asked for his UK residency status.

 

I would just confirm whether the travel insurance requirement pertains to citizens of other countries and if so, ensure they accept your insurance.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, kmw350 said:

I don't believe so. Give them a call to confirm though.

 

On 5/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, Martha1974 said:

Not that I’m aware of - my DH and I sailed with them in March and got talking to a Canadian gentleman who was sailing with his British wife. My understanding was that he was resident in the UK but still travelling on a Canadian passport. I think there is often an assumption that because they sail out of the UK and are very much aimed at the “British market” (whatever that means) that there are restrictions. However I also think they don’t make it easy for non-UK residents to book… I think Saga have a similar reputation. As previously suggested I’d contact them direct to discuss the options. 

 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, Britboys said:

It doesn't look that way from their terms & conditions.

 

I suggest you email them on guestservices@ambassadorcruiseline.com

 

 

 

On 5/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, Milaandra said:

My husband is travelling on his Canadian passport.  They never asked for his UK residency status.

 

I would just confirm whether the travel insurance requirement pertains to citizens of other countries and if so, ensure they accept your insurance.

I emailed and they confirmed that anyone can book. Thank you all for your help!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

There were several Americans on my cruise.  Some of whom had flown in (and out) specifically for that cruise

 

No-Fly cruises seem to be a thing more prevalent in the UK.  Other nationals don't seem to have this aversion to flying somewhere to start their cruise holiday. (probably because for most of then, potential starting points are much harder to get to)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...