Sold out shows on Allure, other question

Hi All,

Do the comedy club times show up on in the app under entertainment? I'm trying to prepare what reservation I want to make on each night I want to reserve entertainment and I don't see the comedy club times.

8 minutes ago, jchilman said:

Hi All,

Do the comedy club times show up on in the app under entertainment? I'm trying to prepare what reservation I want to make on each night I want to reserve entertainment and I don't see the comedy club times.

Show days/times (including comedy) typically won't show up until you are able to book them.

It's kind of a mad scramble to puzzle together what to reserve when if you're trying to see everything and not conflict with anything else (including meals).

1 hour ago, Reisdawg said:

I’ve been checking other sailings for the Allure and have not seen any comedy shows for any sailing.  Do they only show up when on the ship?

This must be something unique to Allure. Hopefully someone who has been on her recently can help.

8 minutes ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

Does anyone know if it is the same comedians all week with the same routine every time?

In my experience, always the same comedians and mostly the same routines (but there are always exceptions).

Years ago we met one of the comedians in Central Park after seeing his show the night before. We told him we thought he was great and asked if he changed it up a bit b/c we would go back if he did. He seemed to appreciate the compliment and told us he did try to change his act some from night to night. So we went again and he was true to his word. The other comedian, whom we didn't care for much, didn't change a thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

In my experience, always the same comedians and mostly the same routines (but there are always exceptions).

Years ago we met one of the comedians in Central Park after seeing his show the night before. We told him we thought he was great and asked if he changed it up a bit b/c we would go back if he did. He seemed to appreciate the compliment and told us he did try to change his act some from night to night. So we went again and he was true to his word. The other comedian, whom we didn't care for much, didn't change a thing.

So maybe worth booking twice if I can I guess.  On other cruise lines the comedians change 1/2 way through the 7 day cruise.

6 minutes ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

So maybe worth booking twice if I can I guess.  On other cruise lines the comedians change 1/2 way through the 7 day cruise.

You can only book once per cruise. The time we went twice, we decided to try the standby line one night b/c we didn't have any exciting plans and the 2nd time was our actual reservations.

You can always walk out the 2nd time... just be prepared to be heckled. 🤣

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

You can only book once per cruise. The time we went twice, we decided to try the standby line one night b/c we didn't have any exciting plans and the 2nd time was our actual reservations.

You can always walk out the 2nd time... just be prepared to be heckled. 🤣

Royal is just so different than other cruise lines.  Our first on Royal this summer, and it may be my last.  I don't love that you have to reserve everything.  I don't love that the app is terrible.  I don't love that there is no consistency in when you make reservations, so from day 60-day of booking you have to check every day.  I don't love that I can't see my bed configuration on my reservation.  That's just for starters.