First time P&O - Britannia with a toddler

tacticalbanjo

I'll be heading off to the Fjords next month on the Britannia with my mum and my 17 month old. It's my first time with P&O but not my first cruise. Anyone have any tips for P&O in general and also for P&O with a toddler?

I understand we can use the Lido Pool even though kiddo is still in nappies - very surprised we can use anything except the water play area outside The Reef. Are there any places near by for a quick change of little one before and after a swim? I don't want her getting cold and I'll want to get her in an absorbent nappy asap after we get out of the water.

Does anyone know about the baby change situation? Will I have to be taking her back to the cabin each time? I know to let the steward know we will need the red bags.

If you have a Balcony Cabin I would suggest buying a cheap black sheet and some metal magnet hooks of amazon, we recently did this on Anthem (RCI) and it was perfect at night, if you can book your room with the bed by the bathroom then you can block off the bottom half of room at night and still use the loo / TV without disturbing them. I uploaded a short here

https://youtube.com/shorts/0GSC_7kYnEs?feature=share 

Buy a snack box off amazon and use the buffet to make them a packed lunch.   

MEEYUU 4 Pack Bento Lunch Box for Adults and Kids, 5-Compartment Meal Prep Container for Kids, Reusable Food Storage Containers with Transparent Lids, Microwaveable (2 x Green & 2 x Pink) : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

We will be on Iona our first P&O this year! 

I’ve just been on Sky Princess where the rooms have a similar layout so I know I can put the baby in the wardrobe and we will still be able to use the bathroom as long as we are quiet. This means we can use the balcony which is great. 

This will be little one’s fourth cruise so we know the general cruising with toddler bits but not P&O with toddler bits. 

The toddler splash area is pretty quiet and covered so we changed our son there when we were using it: it’s not overlooked and we were usually the only one using it. In other locations there are baby change areas (disabled toilets it I recall).

For nappies we just took our own bags and they went in the bin for us, or the bin in the toilet it we were out. We never had any special red bags in 3 P&O cruises with our baby. 

been awhile - son is now 8, as under 2 you use the facilities but one of you has to be with them. Over 2 you get to book them into the club. You may be able to use 2-4 but they may have counted you in lower age group only. Night nursery is great, they give you a bleeper. You need to book steriliser, bottle warmer, cot with them before you go as you cant take your own if they are needed. Just make sure its added to the booking. the baby food was quite good too cant remember the brand though. Nappies we used our own bags, and went in the bins. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lebreos said:

been awhile - son is now 8, as under 2 you use the facilities but one of you has to be with them. Over 2 you get to book them into the club. You may be able to use 2-4 but they may have counted you in lower age group only. Night nursery is great, they give you a bleeper. You need to book steriliser, bottle warmer, cot with them before you go as you cant take your own if they are needed. Just make sure its added to the booking. the baby food was quite good too cant remember the brand though. Nappies we used our own bags, and went in the bins. 

The kids club was a major reason to book with P&O. I know we have to stay with her and she might have to stay in the nursery but that isn't a problem. I just want her to have a safe space to run around in. I used the night nursery on Cunard which is a similar set up. In fact, the youth team are shared between the two lines so I expect the whole set up will be fairly familiar to me even though I've not been on P&O before.

On previous cruises when I've asked my steward what they want don't with the nappies they've asked for them to be bagged in nappy bags then placed in a red biohazard bag presumably so they don't go off for rubbish sorting. I'll ask out of courtesy when we get on board and do what I'm instructed. If they don't mind then I'll just put in the bathroom bin.