Royal excursion in Nassau - Blue lagoon

I posted this on the Nassau board but didn't get anywhere, so hoping to get some here since Blue Lagoon through Royal is fairly popular... 

We've been to blue lagoon before, but only did the regular beach break. We have two options for our upcoming cruise, and I'm trying to determine if it's worth it to pay the extra for the adult only excursion. From what I remember, the adult only area is across that bridge. According to the website, the adult one includes Bahama mama's and soft drinks for the day. The regular beach break is $74 a person. The adult only one was $134 a person, so considerably more expensive. Trying to determine if it's worth it. Is the upgrade to adult only a anything other than the watered down Bahama mammas? 

We did this one in March this year. I would NOT go there again.  IT's a high volume people-in-and-out exercise. We arrived later in the morning, and the place was PACKED. We could not get a chair for about 20 mins of looking and good thing it was overcast - no extra umbrellas.  The lunch line up at the chow line was always long - we didn't even try .

The adult only area across the bridge had lots of seating, and they have their own eating area - to me, that might be worth the extra $60. You'll feel a lot less like you're in a mass of people. 

Been there twice and I would NEVER go back again.  First was just a beach excursion we waited for what felt like forever in the heat for a ferry.  We were one of the last ships in port so there was no seating once we finally got there.  The lunch was supposed to be closed but they had to stay open because we were late.  The workers were not happy about and let us all know they weren't.  Average wait for food or a drink is 30min to well over an hour.  This was March 2022.

Second excursion we had private dolphin swim (dolphins were amazing).  We got the first ferry because of our excursion but again crazy long waits for everything and very unfriendly staff.  This was October 2022.

End of the day the place is beautiful but they over sell it and it and it makes it so seating and getting anything to eat or drink is impossible unless you waste your whole time in line.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

We do day passes, our favorite is RIU, all inclusive, beautiful beach, pool, really good buffet, 15 minute taxi from the port.

We've been considering Riu since it's actually cheaper than the adult only blue lagoon, but keep going back and forth on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

We've been considering Riu since it's actually cheaper than the adult only blue lagoon, but keep going back and forth on it

We thought the breakfast and lunch buffet was much better than on the ship, and chairs/umbrellas are provided on the beach.

14 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

We thought the breakfast and lunch buffet was much better than on the ship, and chairs/umbrellas are provided on the beach.

The beach has people selling their junk constantly though, right? That was a draw to blue lagoon, no people wandering the beach asking you every 2 minutes to braid your hair or buy their stupid bracelet. 

10 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

The beach has people selling their junk constantly though, right? That was a draw to blue lagoon, no people wandering the beach asking you every 2 minutes to braid your hair or buy their stupid bracelet. 

There were vendors but we just ignored them. Some were ridiculous selling alcohol when we obviously had day passes including alcohol.

I would not go back to blue lagoon. The ferry ride was almost an hour and we were packed into the ferry like sardines in the heat and the beach was overcrowded with not enough lounge chairs for everyone and the lunch was terrible.