Black tie nights on 3 night cruise

cruiseluvva

Well I decided to ring up. Very helpful agent.  Confirmed what I was seeing on my Cruise Account and agreed it was very strange. 

She put me on hold and spoke to someone and came back with: one Celebration Night as appears on my itinerary but also two more Formal Nights and even gave me the dates (subject to change of course - as is always the case).  

I was going to suggest, but she added that she would pass it on to the appropriate dept to ask for it to be updated.  As I pointed out, if quite a lot of passengers like us decided not to pack any formal wear for just 1 night, there would be some complaints once on board if they found out there were 3 dressy up nights.  She'd already sussed that out so hopefully it will be corrected and passengers will be aware.  Got to sort out some more clothes now! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Well I decided to ring up. Very helpful agent.  Confirmed what I was seeing on my Cruise Account and agreed it was very strange. 

She put me on hold there was not and spoke to someone and came back with: one Celebration Night as appears on my itinerary but also two more Formal Nights and even gave me the dates (subject to change of course - as is always the case).  

I was going to suggest, but she added that she would pass it on to the appropriate dept to ask for it to be updated.  As I pointed out, if quite a lot of passengers like us decided not to pack any formal wear for just 1 night, there would be some complaints once on board if they found out there were 3 dressy up nights.  She'd already sussed that out so hopefully it will be corrected and passengers will be aware.  Got to sort out some more clothes now! 😁

I have never seen a cruise on P&O apart from the big 2 where there was not 2 formals per week. sometimes the name changes ????? but always 2 per week. I would always assume a mistake had been made in your position. Oh some long cruises 35 nights or more may have less than 2 per week. on ours we have had 9 per 35 and 7 per 35. 

2 hours ago, daiB said:

I have never seen a cruise on P&O apart from the big 2 where there was not 2 formals per week. sometimes the name changes ????? but always 2 per week. I would always assume a mistake had been made in your position. Oh some long cruises 35 nights or more may have less than 2 per week. on ours we have had 9 per 35 and 7 per 35. 

Yes I did assume a mistake had been made - too may inconsistencies.  Nevertheless other cruisers who are not familiar with P&O/just assumed it's a change of policy/don't read these boards may not realise it was likely to be the wrong information and pack accordingly.  At least now, if the information is up-dated fairly promptly, passengers will hopefully have the correct information prior to departure.  

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 2:54 PM, kruzseeka said:

Yes I did assume a mistake had been made - too may inconsistencies.  Nevertheless other cruisers who are not familiar with P&O/just assumed it's a change of policy/don't read these boards may not realise it was likely to be the wrong information and pack accordingly.  At least now, if the information is up-dated fairly promptly, passengers will hopefully have the correct information prior to departure.  

For information:  No update on the site.  Still showing just one formal night.  Another poster on the roll call followed up and has had a reply via email confirming what I was told on the phone (ie three).  How long does it take for a simple correction to the site? 

I've tried emailing (up to 14 days to reply according to the automated response) then a contact email via My Account under 'Complaints' category - nothing else seemed to fit and I hoped that may elicit a more prompt response. But end of play Friday  - Nada!

Not impressed - nor do I think those passengers will be who have packed based on mis-information. 

On the 16 night Arcadia cruise which finished on Thursday I made a note of what was written on Manage my Holiday, but it all changed on the ship.  Five formals were listed with two being on port days when there was scenic cruising for a few hours after leaving port (Olden and Hamburg). 

What actually  happened was quite different with only four formals, all on sea days, thankfully.  Reception were happy to tell us which days they would be soon after we left Southampton and the restaurants all knew the dates I was given as well, so not something that changed again as we went along.

Edited by tring