Olden Norway tender port question

Our Olden Norway stop on Sky Princess in August will now be tendering to shore. I’m told by Olden excursion company wi will now be dropped off at base of Loen Skylift. Is it still possible to walk to Olden or Will transportation be available?  Trying to plan our day. Thanks 

Question not fully understood. Is it because you want to spend part of the day in Olden? There is not much to see in Olden - a small village with less than 500 inhabitants. Loen is located about 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) North of Olden.

Who is the olden excursion company?  Is this a ship tour or are you using Olden Adventures?  If you are using a private tour through olden adventures, they run busses from the port at Olden to the Loen Skylift for the passengers who are on ships that dock in Olden.  If you've purchased skylift tickets through them, then maybe they will let you ride their bus to the Olden port along with the passengers on the ships who are docked there if you make arrangements with them ahead of time since they are already running busses back and forth from the port to the Loen Skylift.  It's worth emailing them to ask if they'd have room for you to make the trip in reverse so you can visit the church.  

41 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Is this a ship tour or are you using Olden Adventures?  

The ship doesn’t dock in Olden - tendering to Loen. The tender quay is located below the reception area of Loen Skylift.

Edited by hallasm

4 hours ago, hallasm said:

The ship doesn’t dock in Olden - tendering to Loen. The tender quay is located below the reception area of Loen Skylift.

Right - I understand the sky princess is going to Loen.  But if the OP is buying their Loen skylift tickets through Olden Adventures, they might be able to use the buses Olden Adventures will run for the  passengers on the other ships that dock in Olden to get to Loen in reverse.   I'm assuming the dock at Olden was full, and that's why the Sky princess is tendering to Loen and Olden Adventures will be running busses from Loen to Olden for the other passengers on other ships.   It might be cheaper to buy the tickets from the Loen Skylift directly since they don't require transportation from Olden to Loen and take the public bus you mentioned to Olden - I don't know.

• Thanks 1