can you drop airfare once booked

I booked a cruise for February to include NCLs airfare, but I think I'd rather cancel  that and book my own. Can I just cancel the air or will i need a new booking? I see the fare is significantly higher now than when i booked so I dont want to cancel the entire reservation and rebook everything, just drop air.

We just recently did this.  Called our PCC and dropped the air portion. Our's did not require cancelling the entire reservation, but it was well before final payment (which is not due for another 30+ days from now).  Good luck.

We also did this two weeks after booking as I was waiting for non stop flights to come available for using our American miles. Told the rep this when I booked and he said it was no problem. I called in later and cancelled and it was indeed no problem. 

• Thanks 1

I had a similar question and was quoted a 75 day, pre cruise date limit for flight cancellation here on the boards.  I prefer to manage my own air, but I doubt I can beat the price from NCL. 

When I checked prices from Florida I could not beat the fare quoted by NCL. If we didn't have enough miles to redeem I would have definitely kept their air.

Edited by depplep
Spelling

3 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

I had a similar question and was quoted a 75 day, pre cruise date limit for flight cancellation here on the boards.  I prefer to manage my own air, but I doubt I can beat the price from NCL. 

Yes the limit for making any air changes/deviations is 75 days. You are correct that you probably can't beat the price, however you may also find yourself locked into flights that are not right for you. That was also my concern when I booked they on my own. However in the end, the airline canceled the flights I chose and rebooked me on different ones that I really didn't want but were also the ones that NCL might have chosen. Instead of flying from Portland to Anchorage then on to Fairbanks, I am now flying to Seattle with a 2hr layover then on to Fairbanks. Yes I now have to get up earlier to make this new flight. I also had to change my return flights from Vancouver to Portland which are also leaving earlier than I wanted - the good news is that we also arrive home earlier.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

1 minute ago, bonvoyagie said:

Yes the limit for making any air changes/deviations is 75 days. You are correct that you probably can't beat the price, however you may also find yourself locked into flights that are not right for you. That was also my concern when I booked they on my own. However in the end, the airline canceled the flights I chose and rebooked me on different ones that I really didn't want but were also the ones that NCL might have chosen. Instead of flying from Portland to Anchorage then on to Fairbanks, I am now flying to Seattle with a 2hr layover then on to Fairbanks. Yes I now have to get up earlier to make this new flight. I also had to change my return flights from Vancouver to Portland which are also leaving earlier than I wanted - the good news is that we also arrive home earlier.

Definitely a concern! We have a repo, from a small alaska village to SanJuan, then back from Lisbon.  Right now the airline prices are high.. Something to watch closely if one wants to cancel! We are only paying $1273 bucks through NCL atm for all the flights, 2 folks.

• Like 1

We are doing a cruisetour that starts on land in Fairbanks, the scheduled arrival day is indeed the day priior to the tour starting but since we do not know which hotel we will be staying at, it does not make sense to come in any earlier than expected. I do agree that whenever possible you should arrive early to the port. The only times we have not done this is when the cruise leaves from the same coast and time zone as we live in. We have driven to Seattle once, but for other cruises we take the train and spend a day or two in Seattle prior to the cruise. For our Panama Canal cruise that left from SFO we flew in the day of the cruise - we purposely booked the earliest flight from PDX just to ensure we made it - yes we spent about an hour or so waiting for the NCL bus but there were lots of us all in the same place and same boat and we were all just excited for the cruise.