Princess Discovery June/July - Alaska for 7 days

Taykee1

Hi,

I understand I am travelling to Alaska and weather can be 4 season in one day. I will be packing layers for when we are off the ship. What I would like to know is how is the temperature on the ship. For example walking from room to MDR, or different bars that we would sit in to have a drink. Is it set to warmer tones or will I need to carry a coat whilst roaming throughout the boat. I am aware if on balcony or outside I will require the coat. This is only for inside areas. Sorry for this strange question just don't want to over pack as we will be travelling for a further 4 weeks around Canada and US which will be summer time, so don't want to bring unnecessary items. Thanks for any help

@Taykee1 Temperatures on the ship are like at any restaurant. Shed your outer layers for sitting around in public areas. Bring layers of clothing that you can add and subtract. A toque, gloves and decorative scarves (not the woolen type) are also handy to add warmth - if you are prone to feel the cool of air-conditioning inside. Hope this helps. Come and enjoy North America in the summer. Four weeks of summer travel will be lovely. Welcome!

• Thanks 1

Temps in Alaska can reach 80° F in the summer months .. or it can be down into the 30°s.  
Take some lightweight clothing that can be used for layering.  
while on the ship, it always seems to be kept at a pretty constant 70°, just like in any indoor shopping mall or restaurant on land, especially on the newer ships where the temps are much better controlled.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1