Wine expertise please ?

cruisinbeeze

I need some advice from the wine experts ? Cruising on Magica 4/16 and need to know a good smooth tasting wine that is good with pasta dishes and also a wine that is good with red meat dishes? The approximate prices would also be helpful. Thanks?

Thank you for your help Taszmom. They sound like great wine choices that my wife and I look forward to trying. We would have opted for the wine package,but our cruise is only five nights and we wanted to enjoy some of the other drinks on the ship also.

I'm sorry i cannot help more, but the wine list was really long and really extravagant, too much to remember. Here's a tip though, the waiters should all be very well versed in the wines that are available, ask him for a recomendation or tell him what you like and he will tell you what they have.

I've cruised one week on Magica and two weeks on Mediterranea and found the Martini & Rossi Asti ($20) to be the favoured Italian sweet desert wine. I would carry a bottle around after diner with glasses for Lily and myself - to the show or to the Casanova lounge - nobody seemed to mind.

while on the topic of sweet white dessert wine, DEFINETLY TRY the MOSCOTTO D'ASTI! it is a faboulus sparkling sweet wine! it is also 20$/bottle which is VERY fair (i used to wait tables at a 5 star italian ristorante) and it is very very good.

For food value take a look at the wine/water package. 20% discount

Tip: You don't have to have one bottle of each-you are given tokens representing each and you only have to ask and they will exchange one voucher for a diffrent bottle of the packaged wines (i.e you could have all the same if you chose too)

Also they will cork up overnight if you don't always finish full bottle

Archived