Miracle to Hawaii kind of Tempo

We’re going to Hawaii in the beginning of 2023 and we normally travel on those other rival lines.  We will be 2 couples and we’re curious about the tempo of 15 days on a Carnival cruise that long.  We don’t expect many kids if any at all. We’re also expecting a mature crowd with less rowdiness (hopefully), but we are looking to have fun.  Can anyone that has gone on the Miracle to Hawaii give a feel for their experience?  We’re really looking forward to having fun and having fun things to do on sea days.

Is this a Journey's cruise?  If so, there will be a ton of activities.  On ours (Panama Canal - 12 nights), they had a glee club, a dance club, etc.  On one of the last nights, we all performed with the professionals in one of the production shows.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to meet the professional singers and dancers.  They also had tons of trivia, arts and crafts, etc. with a few deck parties, theme parties (disco, 80s), ice craving, and a midnight chocolate buffet.  You have to work hard to be bored on a Carnival ship. 

There were, if I recall correctly, 17 kids onboard.  Most were being home schooled by their parents, or were toddlers.  Never had an issue with any of them.

I would expect your cruise will be mostly seniors, with a few of every other age group sprinkled in.  On our PC cruise, hubby and I would alert each other when we saw a 20-something or 30-something, they were that rare! 

We haven't taken Carnival to Hawaii, but I've been on previous cruise and remained on the ship as they made the transition.  Most recently, we were on the Miracle for Thanksgiving and were among the last to leave the ship.  Hawaiian music was playing throughout the ship, employees were dressed up in Hawaiian shirts and Hawaiian / Christmas decorations were being put up.  It looked pretty nice.  The crowd waiting to get onto the ship was clearly older -- I mean, it looked as if Carnival was bussing the seniors from the local senior home out for a day of fun.  (We took Princess to Hawaii for Christmas, and Hawaiian music, uniforms, etc. were rolled out only while the ship was in Hawaii.)

In the '90s and early '00s, Carnival would occasionally operate day cruises (with cabins off limits) from Los Angeles to Ensenada and later Ensenada to Los Angeles, and operate the Hawaii cruises between Ensenada and Hawaii only.  Not sure if that was part of the regular Hawaii cruises or for repositioning ships only, too young to remember.  But the crowd even then skewed older.  I did this once on the Holiday and once on the Jubille.

We have done the Miracle to Hawaii, journeys cruise March of 2022. Had a great time. There was an Hawaii group, two guys and two gals who taught hula lesions, and sang Hawaiian songs, very good.. Near the end of the cruise all the people who took lesions put on a show. The highlight show for us was Chuck Wagner.actor and singer of musicals. Great voice and was very entertaining. It was also a 50th anniversary cruise, but I thought it was a dud. Along with trivia, playlist shows it was a good cruise.

• Like 1