Question about booking air through NCL

sbaker

We don't have a lot of experience with NCL.  Looks like booking air through NCL is a pretty good deal.  One question we have is about flexibility with dates.  If we want to fly in 3 or 4 days early, or stay 3 or 4 days on the end, will they accommodate that?  Or is it pretty much limited to flying in the day before the cruise and back home on the day of disembarkation?  Any other pros or cons we should be aware of?

8 hours ago, sbaker said:

We don't have a lot of experience with NCL.  Looks like booking air through NCL is a pretty good deal.  One question we have is about flexibility with dates.  If we want to fly in 3 or 4 days early, or stay 3 or 4 days on the end, will they accommodate that?  Or is it pretty much limited to flying in the day before the cruise and back home on the day of disembarkation?  Any other pros or cons we should be aware of?

the most NCL will deviate is 2 days.  You also won't get ground transportation to/from ship  you will receive the 25.00 credit for the cost of transport not kneeing used).  If you want to deviate pre/post cruise for more than 2 days, you should make your own airfare plans.  Once you get your airline tickets, you can go to the airline website and pay for upgrades ( seats, baggage, etc).  I have only used the BOGO airfare once, but was happy with it.  I had two day pre/post cruise deviation.

You can find a thread with mostly good things to be said about NCL's BOGO Airfare Program here: 

I didn't vote as my cruise was after the poll, but I left my thoughts about it on that thread: see post # 44. 

Just be sure to educate yourself on NCL's offering. It is NOT for everyone. If you're someone that must control your flights and expect the perfect airline/perfect departure/arrival times, then you won't be happy. If you're a middle of the road, ok with a cheaper fare, then it might be for you. 

27 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

the most NCL will deviate is 2 days.  You also won't get ground transportation to/from ship  you will receive the 25.00 credit for the cost of transport not kneeing used).  If you want to deviate pre/post cruise for more than 2 days, you should make your own airfare plans.

You can deviate up to three days IF you choose the NCL-designated hotel. The price is per person for the hotel and often higher than booking it yourself. You can also use the shuttle both ways/one way, if you book the hotel. If you don't book the hotel, you can use the shuttle from the port to the airport, if that's something you want (we did). We did not use the shuttle from airport to hotel as we weren't going to pay the hotel prices. 

Do not book air with NCL, no matter what. Go to Google Flights, do your own research and book direct with the airline.

Even if it costs you an extra 25% to book direct, the stress of not knowing what you get and the hundreds of issues I'm finding online concerning their train wreck of an Air Department makes the extra cost worth every penny.

1 hour ago, steve49589 said:

Do not book air with NCL, no matter what. Go to Google Flights, do your own research and book direct with the airline.

Even if it costs you an extra 25% to book direct, the stress of not knowing what you get and the hundreds of issues I'm finding online concerning their train wreck of an Air Department makes the extra cost worth every penny.

Ours was going to be 125% more not 25%.  Couldn't find anything less than double.  We have two inexperienced single women traveling with us and the parents of one of the women.  They had to take the great single price along with the single price for air with a 1 day deviation. We took our chances and just received our flights.  They are great and we could only have done marginally better for double the cost.  We probably got lucky but all 4 staterooms got on the same flights from San Jose, CA to Heathrow and then home from Reykjavik.  

Everyone has to access their own comfort level and price constraints.