Celebrity May Sale

talljules1

Have discovered the joys of the current May Sale (which at the time of writing runs for another 5 days!)

We had already booked excursions for our X-Infinity cruise that we're going on in December. With the sale, it was worth rebooking three of the ones we had booked. That saved us £88 (which has paid for another excursion!).

Only took a few minutes - well worth taking a look if you have excursions booked. (For us, the ones where it made a difference had a 35% saving compared to a more usual 15% pre-cruise discount.

• Like 3

I actually have a different take on this. 

We have an Asia cruise coming up in November and have not booked any excursions as of yet. My GF had jotted down ones she wanted to go on. 

We were happy to see that a few of the ones we wanted to go on were at the 35% off price however we noticed that Celebrity had raised the prices by about 15% on these excursions as well. (My GF had jotted down the original prices)

The real savings is about 20% on these  excursions. While we’re happy to save the 20%, the promotion is a little deceiving for excursions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Have discovered the joys of the current May Sale (which at the time of writing runs for another 5 days!)

We had already booked excursions for our X-Infinity cruise that we're going on in December. With the sale, it was worth rebooking three of the ones we had booked. That saved us £88 (which has paid for another excursion!).

Only took a few minutes - well worth taking a look if you have excursions booked. (For us, the ones where it made a difference had a 35% saving compared to a more usual 15% pre-cruise discount.

Forgive what is probably a silly question but do I have to cancel then re-book the excursions to benefit from the discounts?

Thanks OP for posting.  I was able to change an excursion, saving $65 Cdn.  Couldn't access dining options....each specialty restaurant says "sold out, Currently unavailable, but we’re working on it."  Been like that for over a week.  Anyone else have access?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Forgive what is probably a silly question but do I have to cancel then re-book the excursions to benefit from the discounts?

Yes...cancel, then rebook.  The 'system' automatically notes you have a reservation on that date and time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Well now - I don't know for certain, but that is exactly what I did. I went into the website for our booking, cancelled the relevant excursions (it refunds back to original means of payment which, for me, was OBC) and then I booked them again at the lower price.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chrismakris said:

I actually have a different take on this. 

We have an Asia cruise coming up in November and have not booked any excursions as of yet. My GF had jotted down ones she wanted to go on. 

We were happy to see that a few of the ones we wanted to go on were at the 35% off price however we noticed that Celebrity had raised the prices by about 15% on these excursions as well. (My GF had jotted down the original prices)

The real savings is about 20% on these  excursions. While we’re happy to save the 20%, the promotion is a little deceiving for excursions. 

All I noted was that the excursions were cheaper than the price I had originally paid. The discount is set to the price you would pay if you booked on board. Nonetheless, the prices had gone down and we saved money - enough to pay for an additional excursion.  So, for us, it was a win!  But I'll agree with you that you always should look closely at the deals on offer.

10 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks OP for posting.  I was able to change an excursion, saving $65 Cdn.  Couldn't access dining options....each specialty restaurant says "sold out, Currently unavailable, but we’re working on it."  Been like that for over a week.  Anyone else have access?

In addition to above......Just cancelled all 3 Specialty dining reservations (some OBC, others $$s), then booked the 3 night package...saved $125.66 Cdn.  Well worth picking our times onboard which might not be the original choices.

20 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Yes...cancel, then rebook.  The 'system' automatically notes you have a reservation on that date and time.

Be my luck to cancel then it would be full when I tried to rebook! Just checked though and would save £171 on our September cruise! If only I could get a grown up to help me do it 🙈

5 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Be my luck to cancel then it would be full when I tried to rebook! Just checked though and would save £171 on our September cruise! If only I could get a grown up to help me do it 🙈

Do it right away before X wonderful system changes the pricing.  Open your cruise, go to your top right Initials, access order history, cancel the item(s), then go into the dining or excursion area of PMCruise and reorder.  You'll get an instant confirmation of cancelling and re-ordering and refund to either Visa or OBC, whichever you used.  In my case it was a combination of both.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

All I noted was that the excursions were cheaper than the price I had originally paid. The discount is set to the price you would pay if you booked on board. Nonetheless, the prices had gone down and we saved money - enough to pay for an additional excursion.  So, for us, it was a win!  But I'll agree with you that you always should look closely at the deals on offer.

Not trying to be disrespectful. Hope it didn’t come across that way. But we’re definitely taking the savings.

Just noting that it’s a little shady to call it 35% off after you have raised the prices. 

• Like 1