Third party booking nightmare

Kldanner2

Has anyone booked a trip through a third party site and had a lot of issues? I have spent HOURS on the phone since booking with them attempting to correct multiple problems with the reservation. When they fix one thing, they break another. I'll definitely be booking with the cruise line directly next time, but I'd be charged a cancellation fee if I switched this booking now. We are booked in a haven penthouse suite, so this trip is a big splurge for us and I personally feel like I shouldn't be having to be invest this much time sorting out their mistakes. Is there any chance they could issue onboard credit or something for all my trouble if I asked? Thanks!

Edited by Kldanner2
Removal of site name

• Kldanner2 changed the title to Third party booking nightmare

We had one on our last cruise. The agent was very responsive when we went to book our cruise. Several months later we couldn't get him to pick up the phone or return an e-mail.  We ended up going through the main number of the agency and they couldn't get him to call us back either. Another agent ended up helping us instead, and it was a mess. He booked us in the wrong room category so the price wasn't what they quoted us. We finally had to file a complaint with the better business bureau to get a response. 

An agency can always choose to offer onboard credit. If they are aware of, and empathetic of your plight/care about you as a customer, they may choose to offer onboard credit. 

Since I don't know the intricacies of your issues, it's possible the agency is to blame for screwing up or the change could have impacted NCL's systems/caused a fee to be issued by NCL. As an example, I once caught an error on NCL's TA site, due to a NCL error. They charged my client more, because NCL made a change to the client's airfare (a non-requested change). I caught it and had NCL zero out the fee before the client was even aware. I'm not saying I'm amazing (I'm surely not), but I do think I do a good job of protecting my clients as I only book friends and family. 

Anyway, call your contact and plead your case. Ask them for onboard credit. Be polite, have justification for it, and let them know you're unhappy (not in a rude way) if they refuse your request. 

Good luck. Get through this, forget it when you embark and have an amazing time in the Haven. I've cruised Haven before and absolutely love it. You will too!

• Like 1