Excursions in Jamaica

DramaQueen22

My family is cruising on the Horizon in September.  Ocho Rios is our first port.  We were planning on doing Carnival's Discovery Bay Beach Break with lunch, but then I learned there's been an upgrade to the tourist alert for all of the island.  The alert cautions tourists to be extra careful when traveling as there's been a major uptick on robberies...even for cruise ship passengers.

Anyone been there recently and can offer advice?  We were really looking forward to this excursion, but no way I want to put any of us at risk

I believe this excursion goes to the Puerto Seco Beach Club. If so I don't think you have anything to worry about. It is a private area not open to the general public and let's face it, folks going to the beach don't carry lots of cash and valuables so are not prime targets.

Jamaica's public, especially urban, areas we totally avoid. But reasonable size private areas we are comfortable with.