Sailing Alaska NB on Jewel in July 2023 - earliest disembarkation in Seward?

Yes. The Jewel arrives at 5:00am in Seward.  You go through customs when you board in Vancouver so are simply disembarking in Seward. You could do self-assist luggage carry off to speed things up but it isn’t necessary.

Are you booked with Major Marine or Kenai Fjord tours or a different company?

Edited by YVRteacher

18 minutes ago, Lazyhollow2013 said:

Trying to work through plans in Seward as we are looking at taking a fjords day trip that departs at 8:30am from Seward. Any chance we can get off the ship and through customs/etc and collect our luggage in time to make that work?

I'm looking to do the same thing after debarking the Spirit on June 28.  Kenai Fjords 8 hour visit to Northwestern Fjords.  Then to Anchorage on the train.  Will be a long day.  I've done the 6.5 hour tour several times before .  This will be a first on the longer tour.

Only problem I can see is getting from cruise terminal to Kenai Fjords offices to store my bags.  I trust shuttles will be running.  It's walkable but I'd rather not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quack2 said:

I'm looking to do the same thing after debarking the Spirit on June 28.  Kenai Fjords 8 hour visit to Northwestern Fjords.  Then to Anchorage on the train.  Will be a long day.  I've done the 6.5 hour tour several times before .  This will be a first on the longer tour.

Only problem I can see is getting from cruise terminal to Kenai Fjords offices to store my bags.  I trust shuttles will be running.  It's walkable but I'd rather not.

Where are you storing luggage at?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the earliest you can disembark in Seward if you are not carrying your own luggage off the ship? Will be on Jewel in September with a large family group including my father who will need wheelchair assistance off the ship. We need to board a bus at 7:30am and would like to disembark at 7:00. Will this be possible? If so, is 7:00 early enough to find/get luggage and get to parking lot by 7:30? Thanks!

1 hour ago, psalm104 said:

Does anyone know the earliest you can disembark in Seward if you are not carrying your own luggage off the ship? Will be on Jewel in September with a large family group including my father who will need wheelchair assistance off the ship. We need to board a bus at 7:30am and would like to disembark at 7:00. Will this be possible? If so, is 7:00 early enough to find/get luggage and get to parking lot by 7:30? Thanks!

Are you booking bus thru NCL? If so, the buses are right outside the ship, at end of the gangway. 

I think they give you colour coded tags for you to put on your luggage to put out the night before the disembark so the bags go on the bus.