Help port change Alesund to Godoy

Hello everyone, I’m currently on the Msc Fantasia and I just found out this morning that our Olden  stop in two days has been changed to Allesund. 

we were there last year so we’ve done the lookout and we walked around town and I was just looking at Godoy island

has anyone done this on their own? A quick Google shows that there’s a public bus that goes there and it’s only 21 km away. Can anyone give me some advice here in short term notice? Thanks so much my Internet is about to die, but I hope to be checking online in the morning we arrive. 

I’m so mad Olden  got changed so last minute. Rumor on the ship is that other cruise lines were willing to pay more in, so they got the slots. But why can’t Cruise lanes have this figured out already ahead of time  

Strange and regrettable with such a change at such short notice. It’s scheduled for arrival in Ålesund May 30 at 10 am - departure 7 pm.
Not the best connections, but possible with bus 3 and 32 (bus shuttle) - it takes about an hour depending on the time and day of the week.

Hi, unsure which switch you have as your thread title is Alesund to Godoy but you also mention changing from Olden to Alesund.

Assuming you are going to Alesund, this thread would be a helpful read should you be  undecided about the island trip and wanting to consider a different option..

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2826391-alesund-norway/#comment-62526938

As you are currently onboard likely with patchy internet, you could save time and read only posts 5, 9 and 18 which explain how to get to the huge outdoor museum at Sunnmore, less than 10 minutes by public bus from Alesund.  You could spend anything from a few hours to at least a half day day there and can move around it at your own pace.There may be shorex offered but it is super easy to DIY it at minimal cost.  There will be much info about Sunnmore online if you get an opportunity to search.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Hi, unsure which switch you have as your thread title is Alesund to Godoy but you also mention changing from Olden to Alesund.

Assuming you are going to Alesund, this thread would be a helpful read should you be  undecided about the island trip and wanting to consider a different option..

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2826391-alesund-norway/#comment-62526938

As you are currently onboard likely with patchy internet, you could save time and read only posts 5, 9 and 18 which explain how to get to the huge outdoor museum at Sunnmore, less than 10 minutes by public bus from Alesund.  You could spend anything from a few hours to at least a half day day there and can move around it at your own pace.There may be shorex offered but it is super easy to DIY it at minimal cost.  There will be much info about Sunnmore online if you get an opportunity to search.

Thanks I seem to have LTE again yes just to clarify Olden was changed to Alesund..

I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to do Alesund to Godoy on own.