Auckland to Sydney- February 2007

Jacko

My wife are repeat SS clients and I are interested in this voyage. We normally try to get two to three quotes from different agencies before booking. Two agencies have given us a quote which includes the on-board booking discount on a SS cruise we are on in May 06 as well as past passenger discount. The other has quoted a flat rate. However, they say that SS won't discount but that they will rebate me X dollars after booking (and I assume paying in full when due).

Any observations would be welcome.

We looked at the SS Sydney to Auckland cruise.The only reason we didnt book it was, because they did not dock in Melbourne or Tasmania.We booked the Holland America cruise Feb 2nd.Price did not figure into it .We cruised with SS last March The Siver Wind South Africa, it was fantastic.We have also cruised a few times on HAL and had a great time.Both HAL and SS do the same ports in New Zeland.

Acrusa,

They may do the same ports,But Hal and silversea are worlds apart in most other things

They are not doing the same ports in Australia.We have never been to Australia and not to see Melboune or Tasmania I think would have been a disapointment for us.As you say the 2 cruise lines are different, but both are good at what they do.

Archived