Edinburgh

Husband and I are doing a British Isles cruise this fall and will be docked in Greenock for a day.  We really want to go to Edinburgh, but the cruise excursion spots went FAST.  Other than hopping a couple of trains, is there a reliable way to get from A to B and back?  Can we book a private car, if so I would love recommendations.  Thanks!

Elena

3 hours ago, epl74 said:

Husband and I are doing a British Isles cruise this fall and will be docked in Greenock for a day.  We really want to go to Edinburgh, but the cruise excursion spots went FAST.  Other than hopping a couple of trains, is there a reliable way to get from A to B and back?  Can we book a private car, if so I would love recommendations.  Thanks!

Elena

I can recommend an Edinburgh-based private-hire driver.  He has a Mercedes van and can take up to (I think) 6 passengers.  Adding the extra driving time before meeting you and after returning you may make the day too long for him, but you can ask.

The 'cards on the table' statement is that he is a friend from our first days at school, but I get no financial benefit from recommending him.

If interested, email me on ccfruitmachine at gmail dot com and I'll send you his contact details so you can deal direct.

This gives you another reason to book a future cruise that includes Edinburgh as a port. We specifically chose Princess because itinerary includes both Greenock for Glasgow  and  Edinburgh sovwe would not have to worry about cruise tours. 

On 5/29/2023 at 3:07 AM, fruitmachine said:

I can recommend an Edinburgh-based private-hire driver.  He has a Mercedes van and can take up to (I think) 6 passengers.  Adding the extra driving time before meeting you and after returning you may make the day too long for him, but you can ask.

The 'cards on the table' statement is that he is a friend from our first days at school, but I get no financial benefit from recommending him.

If interested, email me on ccfruitmachine at gmail dot com and I'll send you his contact details so you can deal direct.

just sent you an email about this