Pools and waterslides operational/heated in November?

cruisincuzz

I am one of the displaced cruisers affected by the Epic redeployment.  Because of the plethora of bad reviews I have seen on that ship (which I was unaware of before I booked it), I am now looking at other ships.  I am considering a transatlantic on the Breakaway departing from Rome on November 12th.  The cruise I had booked previously was very port-intensive - 12 ports in 12 days - so I was not really concerned about what activities were available on the ship.  However, with a TA cruise naturally involving a lot of days at sea, I want to make sure we won't get bored.  I am a water baby so would be very happy to spend my days topside, but I am concerned about the feasibility of that in late November.  The ship leaves Lisbon and stops in the Azores and Bermuda before heading for NYC.  Will the pools and waterslides even be operating and if so, will they be heated?  I realize that the closer we get to the States, the colder it's going to get, but am I being totally delusional for hoping to have beachy fun for the first few days?  Thanks.

Consider the thermal suite as well. You can book a spa balcony, Haven spa balcony, or just purchase the cruise-long thermal suite pass. You'll get all the warm water you want in the pool and hot tub. I am sure a lot of other folks will do the same, so just recognize you might have a crowded thermal suite. There are good times to go when the crowd really thins down though. If I ever take a Trans-Atlantic, I'll definitely be booking the thermal suite, but I already know how much I enjoy that part of the ship. 

The pool(s) and sometimes the outside hot tubs on the same deck might also be closed off due to rough seas.  We've been on two TAs (one on Epic) and we've seen this happen a couple of times in April/May.  So I can only imagine how much rougher the North Atlantic might be in late Fall.

Sorry that your cruise on Epic got cancelled but maybe it was just as well!  Don't necessarily go by the bad reviews!  We've been on Epic once (this past May) and it has a lot of good points and a few 'bad's.  In reading the reviews here on CC for Epic I think people either love it or hate it.  We didn't love it but we also didn't hate it either.