Celebration and Hair Styling Tools

smelmo

I've searched and can't seem to find a concrete answer....

For those that have been on the Celebration... What hair styling tools worked and did not work? Trying to see if I need to purchase a new product to bring with us this July.

Thank you in advance!

smelmo

I haven't been on Celebration yet, but my hair dryer did NOT work on Mardi Gras so I'm assuming it won't work on Celebration either. It's worked on every other Carnival ship we've been on.

image.thumb.png.2fa9b96851603149ae542c5ce21bf491.png

My straightener DID work:

image.thumb.png.e48523b4958d7961613c7919611217f6.png

I have been on both Mardi Gras and Celebration.  Both my hairdryer and flat iron are from Lange.  They are both dual voltage (50/60HZ) and they both worked just fine.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LynnTH said:

I have been on both Mardi Gras and Celebration.  Both my hairdryer and flat iron are from Lange.  They are both dual voltage (50/60HZ) and they both worked just fine.  

I think this is the key.   My dual voltage stuff all worked.  My single voltage conair ceramic curling iron did not.  

4 hours ago, wrightkj said:

Newbie cruiser here - I'm sailing on the Magic in January and am now wondering if my styling tools will work. Do you know why they didn't work?

@wrightkj I've never had a problem with any of my stuff on the Magic (or any other Carnival ship except Mardi Gras.) I agree that tools that aren't dual voltage is the issue on the Excel class ships (I assume it's going to be all of them.)

• Like 1

I have been on Celebration twice and the hair dryers they have are good.  I bought my flat iron from Amazon which worked with no issues. It's by Wavy talk.

Sponsored Ad - Salon Flat Iron Hair Straightener, Negative Ion Flat Iron with Titanium Plates Get Frizz-Free Hair, Dual Vo...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 10:29 AM, StacyKMN said:

I think this is the key.   My dual voltage stuff all worked.  My single voltage conair ceramic curling iron did not.  

What Lange hair dryer model do you have?

38 minutes ago, cougar404 said:

Would my Dyson hair dryer work on Celebration?  

Or are you suggesting I get a voltage converter, just to be safe?

You probably will still have issues even using a voltage converter.  Most cruise ships' power is 'different' from normal power, not just different voltage, or even the amount of power, but the way the power is delivered.  On a standard 120V AC circuit you have 120 volts (to ground) on one leg, zero volts (to ground) on the other leg and the third wire is an earth ground.  On a ship you have 60 volts on each leg (120 volts between the two legs) and a "floating" ground.  Converting the 220 volt AC outlets to 120 volts will only change the voltage but will not it to "normal" 120V with a true ground like you have at home and that the ceramic heating elements need to operate normally.  

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers