80 years old traveling solo MIA to LHR TAP AIR

skings

Hi am booked on TAP Portugal MIA to LHR  October 17, 2023. (Great one-way Price) I have an almost 2 hour layover/ change in Lisbon. Question is,  do I need to retrieve my bags in Lisbon for any reason. I know in US they would go straight through to my destination if on same airline. If my flight is delayed (which I understand TAP has a problem with) should I change my flight to include more layover time in Lisbon?  If flight is delayed will TAP automatically board me on next flight available? I have requested wheelchair assistance.  Just checking into hotel in London so no problem with later flight.

Yes, your bags will go through. You will likely need to re-clear security in Lisbon, but that's it. There will also likely be a passport check just to (once again) make sure you have proper documentation to head to London, but not a full immigration check. (Also, just a note, you DO need to get your luggage in the US if you are coming off of an international flights (at least one from a non-pre clearance airport) so that you can clear customs.)

If you are delayed, yes, TAP will put you on the next available flight. That may or may not be the very next flight. Two hours is generally fine in Lisbon (even with wheelchair), so I would just stick to that schedule.

• Like 1