Venezia Questions

I will be sailing on the Carnival Venezia in September and have some questions and am hoping those on the inaugural sailing will be able to provide some answers.

1)  Are there self-service laundry facilities onboard?

2)  Does Bonsi Sushi have the expanded menu with noodle bowls and grilled meat skewers?

3)  Is the gelato in the Java Blue Cafe an upcharge?

4)  Does Tomodoro offer breakfast burritos?

5)  Is the La Strada Grill only open on Sea Days?

6)  Did the Wax Museum survive the dry dock?

And a more general question about menus...I have never been on a long Carnival sailing, but my upcoming cruise is also 15 days, are there any unique menus?  Are all the sea day brunch menus exactly the same?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

no self service laundry

la strada grill is like guys bbq on the vista/dream class ships. hours is similar

wax museum did not survive

Adding on…

Gelato is an upcharge. 

Tomodoro does have breakfast burritos. 

Bonsai sushi has skewers and noodles. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Countess McGee said:

And a more general question about menus...I have never been on a long Carnival sailing, but my upcoming cruise is also 15 days, are there any unique menus?  Are all the sea day brunch menus exactly the same?

When I did a 16 day cruise with only four port days, every other sea day had the standard brunch menu. The other days had the normal breakfast menu and a lunch menu that changed each day.

The dinner menus never repeated so we had 16 unique dinner menus with only a few items that repeated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 10:08 PM, Countess McGee said:

I will be sailing on the Carnival Venezia in September and have some questions and am hoping those on the inaugural sailing will be able to provide some answers.

1)  Are there self-service laundry facilities onboard?

2)  Does Bonsi Sushi have the expanded menu with noodle bowls and grilled meat skewers?

3)  Is the gelato in the Java Blue Cafe an upcharge?

4)  Does Tomodoro offer breakfast burritos?

5)  Is the La Strada Grill only open on Sea Days?

6)  Did the Wax Museum survive the dry dock?

Thank you!

1. No self-service laundry, only send out laundry. Your clothes are washed separately from other guest and general housekeeping items. I hope they add some ironing rooms in the future.

2. Yes to expanded menus

3. The gelato is an upcharge but it was cheaper than the gelato places in Europe. They did offer free gelato in the buffet on one day.

4. Tomodoro offers breakfast burritos as well as huevos rancheros.

5. La Strada is only open on sea days and worth a try. The grilled vegetables were delicious but I avoided the salads as they looked like they had sat in the sun for too long.

6. I never knew about the wax museum but I did see that they removed the karaoke rooms at the front of deck three.

Enjoy the ship, she is beautiful.