Quick Bari question

michelle028

Hi everyone,

I am going to Bari on a cruise port stop and the MSC cruise is offering a city tour which says...

"Board a little wheeled train and get set to explore the city in all its glory."

Can you still take this little train by yourself when you exit the port and is it worth it? How much is it on its own?

Also - has anyone just walked to town by themselves without using a cruise tour? How easy would it be to get there? Mainly interested in seeing the San Nicola Basilica and walking around a bit. We are only there for a few short hours in the morning.

I don't know anything about the train, but I have walked all around the area.  From the cruise port to the basilica is about 1.2 km/eight-tenths of a mile if you stay on the main road around the centro storico.  It's a little shorter in distance if you walk through the middle of the historic center, and more interesting, but it's easier to get lost.

• Thanks 1

When we visited, there was one of these little trains by the port and anyone could use it.  I expect it is less expensive than using it as part of a shorex.

And the  local tourist office staff were giving out  free walking routes of the town which pax could use to follow the route at their own pace. This we did and found it very helpful.

It wasn't the most interesting port on our itinerary , only sort of "average" but  better than some.

• Like 1