Does Princess offer any type of photo packages anymore?

beshears

25 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Yes, we used to love getting all the photos too. I imagine the all inclusive photo package provided Princess with very little profit, so I'm not surprised they no longer offer it.

I can't see how it wouldn't, tbh. Everything is digital now - no need to purchase or develop rolls of film or print pictures to entice people. 

2 minutes ago, starvenger said:

I can't see how it wouldn't, tbh. Everything is digital now - no need to purchase or develop rolls of film or print pictures to entice people. 

But they still need to employ photographers to take the photos and staff to run the photo gallery so they need to generate revenue at a level that is profitable.

55 minutes ago, Nightowl11 said:

But they take all the photos anyways, so wouldn’t it be better to have an all inclusive at $199 or $250 than someone only paying for the 5 photo package at $89 or the 10 at $169?  

On our Mexican Riveria Cruise in December 2019, we had a package for $189 that included all [hots not only on a Princess shaped flash drive but also printed out.

They had a similar promotion for cruises previous to ours.

3 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

But they still need to employ photographers to take the photos and staff to run the photo gallery so they need to generate revenue at a level that is profitable.

Respectfully, I'm not sure that makes sense.

Let's look at cost first. If you price an unlimited package at a reasonable amount over the 10 print package - let's say at $200 versus the $170 we saw earlier in the thread - there is a huge value add for the consumer, and a huge incentive to pay the extra money because you're getting a lot of images. Even if you priced it at $30/night, that's $210 for a seven-night cruise, and I think it's still good value versus the 10 print package.

As for the staff, whether people have a package or no, their job doesn't change. They're still asked to go around, take photos, do whatever it is they've always done. Their workload won't increase or decrease because people have an unlimited package. So going back to my scenario, you're not paying staff more than before, but you can increase the revenue per stateroom. I'm not sure how that would be a net negative for the cruise line.

4 minutes ago, damiross said:

On our Mexican Riveria Cruise in December 2019, we had a package for $189 that included all [hots not only on a Princess shaped flash drive but also printed out.

They had a similar promotion for cruises previous to ours.

Has something like that come back post-shutdown though? Perhaps during a Black Friday "sale"?

I am just the exception to the rule. I LIKE looking at the pictures, and as I said, I have MANY picture albums. Of course my sons would prefer I do it another way, but that is because that is THEIR way of looking at pictures, where mine is "opening up the picture album," and looking. Instead of me paying for their drink package, etc. which I would probably not use that much, I would prefer paying the higher price in pictures, but that is ME.

My husband prefers to always get the Premier package for many reasons, but one of those reasons is that he doesn't have to stand and help me narrow down the pictures to only 5 or 10. We just get all the digital ones automatically. Though we do have to pic the 3 hardcopies for each of us, it's not so critical as we have the digital ones. I do digital scrapbooking, so I love having all the shots for my cruise scrapbook.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

MaryAnn2, that is what my 3 sons did when purchasing the Premier package. I'm sure my 3 sons had all of their pictures down loaded to their phone, and then one of my sons got the special stick, or whatever you call it, and ALL 8 of our pictures were loaded to his.  We also were able to choose 3 of the 8 x 10 or 4 x 6 hard copy prints as well.