Casual Night

enchic21

I thought this was a little strange looking and I am not the fashion police by any stretch, but I saw several people with jean jackets and assorted skirts on formal night. I thought it looked funny but these were pretty young people and I just figured it must be a new fashion trend. PS I am one of those who does not care what other people wear. I just noticed because it was different.:)

I thought this was a little strange looking and I am not the fashion police by any stretch, but I saw several people with jean jackets and assorted skirts on formal night. I thought it looked funny but these were pretty young people and I just figured it must be a new fashion trend. PS I am one of those who does not care what other people wear. I just noticed because it was different.:)

We saw an entire table of 8 in matching t shirts with the name of their auto repair on the back and jeans!:eek: .

"I think you'll be fine on casual nights with a nice jean jacket over slacks or skirt....just, no jeans! >

Is there a "casual night" now on the ships? I know they had "smart casual" or another term "business casual", but casual for dining sounds a bit unusual and different.

"I think you'll be fine on casual nights with a nice jean jacket over slacks or skirt....just, no jeans!"

Is there a "casual night" now on the ships? I know they had "smart casual" or another term "business casual", but casual for dining sounds a bit unusual and different.

Non-formal nights are all "smart casual." Not necessarily Sunday best but certainly a step up from going to Mickey Ds.

Is it chilly in the dining rooms?

I was absolutely freezing in the dining room as well as other public venues aboard the CB in January. Living in Michigan, believe me, I know when cold is too cold! I always "bundle up" (long sleeves and/or shawl) for dinner and shows.

Speaking of "cold," I also caught a mild cold during our cruise that was very likely due to the changes in temperature: port visits with temps in the upper 70s, returning to the ship that was quite cool.

Be prepared, think layers, and you'll be fine.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

My fault, I meant smart casual. I was just wondering if I could bring a jacket in case it does get cold in the dining room. Not sure if a jacket would not be allowed in the dining room on smart casual nights. Actually it is very stylish to pair a nice jean jacket with slacks or a dress.

Non-formal nights are all "smart casual." Not necessarily Sunday best but certainly a step up from going to Mickey Ds.

DH and I noticed some of the Mickey D's crowd on our 1/28 CB cruise. DH referred to their attire as "stupid casual." 'Nuff said.

Chris

As I recall, I have worn cute jean jackets on smart casual night with capri pants. The jean jacket had rhinestone buttons so it was really cool! I would not hesitate to wear one again on smart casual nights...they are very IN.

Archived