New to Celebrity-Need info(possible Reflection/Blue/Prsian Garden etc

soapbxking

Greetings all. Avid Cruiser here, but never on Celebrity.  M hoping to retire in November and looking at my retirement cruise and thinking why not do Celebrity this time. Looking at the Reflection going to Aruba/Curacao/Bonaire. Also thinking of maybe doing the Aquaclass. Blu and the Gardens intrigues me.  What can anyone tell me.  Is it worth it?  Can you get into Blue without waiting a long time and can you get a relaxation bed in the Gardens normally??  Any info you can tell me about this ship, itenerary etc is welcome.!!  Thanks in advance!!!

4 hours ago, soapbxking said:

We always sail in Aqua Class, and while Blu is, in my opinion, better than the Main Dining Room, the quality has slipped.  Most recently, the staff maintained its high standard.  Blu used to be no issue with lines, but on this cruise, people started lining up at least 30 minutes before the dining room opened (sometimes, but not regularly earlier). They don't take table-specific or time-specific reservations, so I guess if you want something particular, you've got to arrive early to stake it out.   I love the Persian Garden and spend many hours there. However, check what is actually in the Persian Garden on the Reflection.  It may not be identical to those on newer ships.  I know that the Constellation's Garden, for example, does not have individual heated loungers. How crowded depends on the time of day and whether or not it's a sea day, but early morning and late afternoon are generally no problem. I've been there after 8 pm on both sea and port days and had the facility entirely to myself. For me, the noise in the daytime is often a problem  The staff refuses to remind/enforce the "be quiet" rule.  On our last cruise, I got tired of being the noise police, but felt I had no choice if I wanted to enjoy my time.  People were generally nice about it, not knowing of the quiet policy or not realizing their voices from the sauna echoed throughout the facility.  But I shouldn't have had to be the bad guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wanderlust58 said:

Thanks for that info.  I hd a feeling the wits may be such that it wouldn't be worth the extra money spent.  of course if may be. thinking maybe after the initial run on Blue a couple would be able to get in, in somewhat reasonably timed fashion 🙂. Thanks again!!!

2 hours ago, wanderlust58 said:

Were you the lady who shushed me the first time I was in the spa?  I think you can do it nicely but I’m not sure we need the quiet police.  Maybe you could enforce the time limit also.

• Like 2