Regent single cruise fares

As a new solo traveler, I have been doing a lot of research on the "single supplement" fares.  Believe me "apples and oranges" does not even come close.  Regent advertises 0%, 25% and 50% upcharges for singles on certain cruises.   Website advertises and specific price for person per cabin (based on double occupancy). Well.....the price for a single is NOT 24% of the price per person per cabin.  According to Regent, that would be two promotions and one one promotion is permitted.  So, the 25% and I assume 50% upcharge is based on a higher base price.  Shockingly, when you get a 0% upcharge, the base price reverts back to almost the ridiculous value price that they use as a basis for discounts.

So, buyer beware, do not be enticed by the 0% cruise supplement, it is just a lure.  I certainly expect to pay and upcharge for being one person in a room, but why can't we start from the same starting point for pricing.  That's what seems deceptive.

I asked once & was told there are so many single(older) women who want to travel at any price that Regent does not need to offer many single fares. Personally, I'd love a discount on a concierge level room.

I can absolutely disagree with your statement - when Regent offers the Special Single Supplement and specifically the 0% single supplement there is no reverting of the price - the solo price is the lowest price for that room - now you need to note is that the 0% or 25% supplement is only available on the lower category suites - for example I will be on the Navigator with no single supplement and the fare also had 40% but I will be in a Deluxe Window Suite no veranda but for me solo and Navigator same ship I am very happy with the pricing.

I am not sure who you spoke with but suggest talk to a good travel agent - honestly I never thought as a solo cruiser I would be on Regent but they do have special solo offers and no bait an switch!

Well, I do agree that the invoices that I have for my two solo cruises on Regent are confusing. I have booked two cruises each with a 25% single supplement. The first item on each invoice is twice the advertised price, then the single supplement and then a discount for “early booking” that is half the doubled fare. I know, so confusing!
However, the single supplement on my 2 invoices is somewhere around 10% of the (doubled) price, therefore still not more than 25% of the advertised price. I book early so there are lots of other discounts. Still very expensive (but worth it!).

So, I suggest the OP ask their experienced TA to explain the pricing to their satisfaction.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KWagner52 said:

As a new solo traveler, I have been doing a lot of research on the "single supplement" fares.  Believe me "apples and oranges" does not even come close.  Regent advertises 0%, 25% and 50% upcharges for singles on certain cruises.   Website advertises and specific price for person per cabin (based on double occupancy). Well.....the price for a single is NOT 24% of the price per person per cabin.  According to Regent, that would be two promotions and one one promotion is permitted.  So, the 25% and I assume 50% upcharge is based on a higher base price.  Shockingly, when you get a 0% upcharge, the base price reverts back to almost the ridiculous value price that they use as a basis for discounts.

So, buyer beware, do not be enticed by the 0% cruise supplement, it is just a lure.  I certainly expect to pay and upcharge for being one person in a room, but why can't we start from the same starting point for pricing.  That's what seems deceptive.

Cruise pricing across the industry seems always confusing to me.  In fact I'm even confused by the pricing discussion in your post. 😱. So I don't worry about it.  I simply email my TA with the cruise I want to go on and she sends me a booking confirmation with a 7 day hold for me to look at.  I look at the bottom line and I it's an amount I feel makes the cruise worth it, I book. If not, then I don't.  I find that a lot easier than trying to figure out "easy booking discount,"  "two category upgrade,"  "Seven Seas Society discount," etc. For me, the only number that matters is the bottom line.  Everything else is simply distraction.  😎

P.S. I will do a mock booking on line and see what they say the bottom line is, THEN decide if I want my TA to run the numbers.

• Like 4