Bourbon and Bottles a live review on Oasis of the seas - June 9th

On 6/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, Husky1987 said:

I need to try the 1884.  I bought the 1856 on your rec and it's wonderful.

Also, WT101 is one of the best bang-for-the-buck bourbons out there...a lot better than some two-to-three times the price.

You can't go wrong with WT101, especially in a cocktail.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 7:20 AM, DeerJod said:

Something’s not right here

IMG_3464.png

Pace seems a bit slow… I hit a pace of <4 min/mile on a previous cruise - all while my watch was alternating notifications between constantly asking if I was “still working out” and my next mile completed notification 😂🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JK805 said:

Pace seems a bit slow… I hit a pace of <4 min/mile on a previous cruise - all while my watch was alternating notifications between constantly asking if I was “still working out” and my next mile completed notification 😂🤣

Following this thread b/c I am getting on this cruise this Friday.

I will be bringing an Apple Watch for the first time and it appears that using indoor workouts instead of outdoor workouts will avoid the skewing caused by GPS when the ship is moving. I will give it a try.

Just now, Pratique said:

Following this thread b/c I am getting on this cruise this Friday.

I will be bringing an Apple Watch for the first time and it appears that using indoor workouts instead of outdoor workouts will avoid the skewing caused by GPS when the ship is moving. I will give it a try.

Yeah, doing “indoor walk” makes it a bit more accurate, but because of sometimes force of habit I forget… and remember right as I start getting the pace notifications LOL.

Also, newer ships/cardio equipment in gym have NFC and can start workout on the watch just by hovering over the spot on the cardio equipment as you start, and syncs up the time and metrics between watch/machine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dayman9966 said:

That isn't right.  I just looked up this time next year on Symphony, and it's $2,638 for 2 people in an ocean balcony and you get $150 onboard credit.  Double check those numbers!!  Have a great time and thank you for the review!!  

It's not "this time" (June) next year, it's Aug 2, 2024.  Also, his quote is refundable deposit and I'm assuming for connecting cabins.

Is the price you mentioned a group rate?

1 hour ago, elizabethbp said:

I am on same cruise July 28.  Do you know if there were any shuttles or wheelchairs available at the  ship  in Nassau   or Port Canaveral to help people to get through the port?  

No wheelchairs but they had a large golf cart taking folks through if they needed it. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed that carribean chicken last week.  The carrot cake was disappointing.  Loving reliving our cruise through you.  We loved the new Nassau area behind fence.  Needs more souvenir stores but was so nice not to be hassled.

On 6/11/2023 at 5:11 PM, DeerJod said:

Now that’s a drink, WT 101 old fashioned, bottle was almost kicked and they decided to be generous. Amazing staff. 

IMG_3509.jpeg

Have you been keeping track of how many drinks you've paid for out of pocket? It looked like you paid for a water package as well. Curious of what your costs end up if you don't mind sharing. I've recently turned diamond and still think I'll get value in the DX package but its obviously different for everyone. 

Edited by SixBitsKyle
Added information.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SixBitsKyle said:

Have you been keeping track of how many drinks you've paid for out of pocket? It looked like you paid for a water package as well. Curious of what your costs end up if you don't mind sharing. I've recently turned diamond and still think I'll get value in the DX package but its obviously different for everyone. 

Not much in all honesty, I’ve been tipping with every drink and surprisingly we’ve been getting around 5-6 diamond drinks a day as a result. We did the 24 pack water ahead of time which has been very useful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SixBitsKyle said:

Not much in all honesty, I’ve been tipping with every drink and surprisingly we’ve been getting around 5-6 diamond drinks a day as a result. We did the 24 pack water ahead of time which has been very useful.