What is the best way to fix the keys when people are booked in rooms that are not the room that they intend to sleep in?

If you book two rooms with one adult and one teenaged child, how do you fix the room keys once onboard so that everyone can access the room that they intend to stay in once onboard?  Do you wind up with two keys each?

51 minutes ago, Parkhopper said:

If you book two rooms with one adult and one teenaged child, how do you fix the room keys once onboard so that everyone can access the room that they intend to stay in once onboard?  Do you wind up with two keys each?

What we have done is get an extra key from guest services which is usually just a blank card for whomever is doing the switch.  So yes, whoever is doing the switch would have the extra key.

Many people here have suggested getting extra keys for the rooms. I have found a solution that I think is better. This is what I have done multiple times in the past. We have shared our Diamond balcony discount with friends many times and this is how we have straightened things out once on the ship. Go to to Guest Services. DON'T ask for extra keys. Tell them who will be sleeping in which rooms and what credit card you want their on board expenses billed to. They will issue new Seapasses to everyone that needs a different card than what they were issued. You won't need to bother with extra cards.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2