Santorini - Ship tour and private tour question

jasa

I booked the ship tour to Oia, to get tendered early.  I also booked a  6 hour private tour.  My question is has anyone had the private tour company pick them up at athinios port and not get on the ship tour bus to Oia. Or should I just take the tour bus to Oia and meet my private tour guide there.  I want to go to Oia either way first. The tour is customized to whatever I would like to do.   My plan is to come back to Fira for dinner and then depart via cable car to tender.  Ship leaves at 2200.  Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I don't have an answer for you, but I would check with your tour company.  My instinct is that that Athinios area is limited to cruise ship coaches only.  Hopefully my message will push your inquiry back to the top and someone with more knowledge will be able to weigh in.

The Athinios port is the ferry port for the island.  There are taxis and public buses available.  Private cars and trucks arrive/leave by ferry from Athinios. Private tour pickups can be arranged there. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, budmeister said:

Is that where the Oia excusion on your own goes? Or does it go directly to Oia?  I have the same question concerning getting to a private tour meeting place.

"Oia on your own " can mean different things on different cruise lines.  Why don't you post the description? 

5 hours ago, marazul said:

"Oia on your own " can mean different things on different cruise lines.  Why don't you post the description? 

Hi,

Here it is:

Overview

Enjoy a carefree day in Oia on a self-guided excursion that allows you to explore this artful village at your leisure. Oia is perched atop a sheer seaside cliff at the northern most point of Santorini and offers inspired views down the coastline. Marvel at the weathered faces of soaring cliffs and stroll cozy streets for an up-close look at the town’s traditional Cycladic architecture. Be sure to pop into a few of the town’s many art galleries (it’s no surprise that such a breathtaking setting would inspire great works by painters and artists). Soak up the ambiance and see the sights at your own pace on this lovely day in Oia. Afterwards, the tour stops in Fira. You can either continue back to the ship or stay for a little local shopping. When you’re ready, a scenic cable car ride will take you back down to the port. This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.

Highlights

• Stroll through the village of Oia and admire the classic Cycladic architecture that lines the streets.
  • Gaze out at stunning panoramas of Santorini’s jagged seaside cliffs.
  • Stop in the village of Fira and enjoy some time to browse the local shops.

Important details and advisements

• Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
  • One-way Cable car ticket from Fira to tender loading included.
  • Expect waiting and queuing time at cable car station.

22 minutes ago, budmeister said:

Hi,

Here it is:

Overview

Enjoy a carefree day in Oia on a self-guided excursion that allows you to explore this artful village at your leisure. Oia is perched atop a sheer seaside cliff at the northern most point of Santorini and offers inspired views down the coastline. Marvel at the weathered faces of soaring cliffs and stroll cozy streets for an up-close look at the town’s traditional Cycladic architecture. Be sure to pop into a few of the town’s many art galleries (it’s no surprise that such a breathtaking setting would inspire great works by painters and artists). Soak up the ambiance and see the sights at your own pace on this lovely day in Oia. Afterwards, the tour stops in Fira. You can either continue back to the ship or stay for a little local shopping. When you’re ready, a scenic cable car ride will take you back down to the port. This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.

Highlights

• Stroll through the village of Oia and admire the classic Cycladic architecture that lines the streets.

• Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.

It doesn't say, but it should go to Athinios where you board a tour bus to Oia.  Back by cable car.

1 hour ago, budmeister said:

Hi,

Here it is:

Overview

Highlights

I would agree with marazul.  This sounds like the traditional excursions that have existed for years.  Excursion tender boat to Athinios port (south of Fira).  Bus ride to Oia (north of Fira).  Time on your own in Oia.  Bus ride back to Fira.  Cable car back to the Old Port.  Regular tender boat back to ship.