RCL newbie - so many questions!

Hello. I’m looking at a Greek Islands/Croatia cruise in September 2024 on Explorer of the Seas.

Quite a few questions so far.

1. When pricing it up I cannot see option to add drinks package/internet/prepaid tips. Do I have to wait until after I’ve booked to add these? And can I book all 3 as a package or do I have to do each separately? I’ve seen people mention daily rates vary per cruise so woukd really like an idea of cost before booking.

2. I’ll have 2 adult sons sharing a second cabin - is the Flowrider included in the price? Do you book a slot once on board?

3. Is ice skating also included in the cost?

4. I’d rather book asap but if my younger son doesn’t get the grades he needs for his first choice university then his 2nd choice starts earlier so if need to book an earlier sailing can I move my booking? I realise there may be a fee to do so - how much is it per person?

5.Finally - not sure if allowed but can anyone recommend a TA in the UK who is experienced with RCL?

Many thanks in advance.

Jane

Many TAs here have refundable rates. That's all I book. After final payment all are nonrefundable. If you book nonrefundable before final payment right now for $100 per person in the usa you can move to another date. I'd check the UK rules though.

Most things like flow rider, ice skating and rock climbing are included. Though there are private flow rider lessons you can purchase. These are first come first served. Stand in line stuff. 

Rcl has no packages to buy all 3 items plus tips. You can prepay tips when you book. Ask to add them or online there is a place to check to add them. The rest are in your planner after you book and not inexpensive. 

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Many TAs here have refundable rates. That's all I book. After final payment all are nonrefundable. If you book nonrefundable before final payment right now for $100 per person in the usa you can move to another date. I'd check the UK rules though.

Most things like flow rider, ice skating and rock climbing are included. Though there are private flow rider lessons you can purchase. These are first come first served. Stand in line stuff. 

Rcl has no packages to buy all 3 items plus tips. You can prepay tips when you book. Ask to add them or online there is a place to check to add them. The rest are in your planner after you book and not inexpensive. 

Thanks Firefly - I will know my son’s exam results in August so well before final payment date if I did need to make a change of date.

Good to know most activities are included.

1 hour ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Hello. I’m looking at a Greek Islands/Croatia cruise in September 2024 on Explorer of the Seas.

Quite a few questions so far.

1. When pricing it up I cannot see option to add drinks package/internet/prepaid tips. Do I have to wait until after I’ve booked to add these? And can I book all 3 as a package or do I have to do each separately? I’ve seen people mention daily rates vary per cruise so woukd really like an idea of cost before booking.

2. I’ll have 2 adult sons sharing a second cabin - is the Flowrider included in the price? Do you book a slot once on board?

3. Is ice skating also included in the cost?

4. I’d rather book asap but if my younger son doesn’t get the grades he needs for his first choice university then his 2nd choice starts earlier so if need to book an earlier sailing can I move my booking? I realise there may be a fee to do so - how much is it per person?

5.Finally - not sure if allowed but can anyone recommend a TA in the UK who is experienced with RCL?

Many thanks in advance.

Jane

1. You can pre-pay tips at check out if you are booking online.  It is on the final screen before payment information.  Drinks and internet can not be booked until after you book and pay deposit.  These can be purchased through Royal's "cruise planner" which you have access to after you have a booking number.  If you ask people on the roll call for the sailing you are looking at they might be able to tell you pricing.

2. Flowrider is included and you don't have to book just show up when it is open and wait in line.

3.  Ice skating is included in the cost.

4. If you book a refundable fare there is no cost to change. With a NRD the change fee is $100.

5. Sorry, it's against the rules of CC to recommend TA's. 

Enjoy your cruise 🙂 

Dave

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

1. You can pre-pay tips at check out if you are booking online.  It is on the final screen before payment information.  Drinks and internet can not be booked until after you book and pay deposit.  These can be purchased through Royal's "cruise planner" which you have access to after you have a booking number.  If you ask people on the roll call for the sailing you are looking at they might be able to tell you pricing.

2. Flowrider is included and you don't have to book just show up when it is open and wait in line.

3.  Ice skating is included in the cost.

4. If you book a refundable fare there is no cost to change. With a NRD the change fee is $100.

5. Sorry, it's against the rules of CC to recommend TA's. 

Enjoy your cruise 🙂 

Dave

Thanks for your answers Dave.

Great idea about the roll call for pricing!

I’m not sure we get the refundable deposit option in the UK (I know we don’t for Celebrity) but I’ll get a UK based TA and check.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Thanks for your answers Dave.

Great idea about the roll call for pricing!

I’m not sure we get the refundable deposit option in the UK (I know we don’t for Celebrity) but I’ll get a UK based TA and check.

Even without the refundable deposit the change fee should still just be $100