Inaugural cruise-Lisbon Arrival Time

peribit

I am looking to book the inaugural cruise from Marseille to Lisbon.  The arrival time for Lisbon is listed as 9-11am.  Crystal is telling me that I should book a flight departing Lisbon after 4pm.  Anyone have any information to share?

Thanks

Pat

Pat,

I am not sure what the times mean.  I looked at a bunch of other sailings and they all have a range of times such as 8:00 to 10:30 AM.  8:30 to 11:00 AM and so forth.  I don't like to guess. I would ask them do they mean these are the times one can disembark.  Some actually make sense such as 8:00 to 10:30 AM.  So I would double check on what this means for Lisbon.  9:00 seems late to start disembarkation.  

4:00 PM seems late for a flight.

I tend to error on the conservative side though because even if arrival time as 7:30 or 8:00 AM there is always the chance something goes wrong. I've only flown out of Lisbon one time. I remember the ticket counter didn't open until a certain time and then we had to drop off the checked bags to another area and then security was chaotic. I like to put my carry-on's on the security screening when I know I can't go right through myself and I remember after putting them on they held us back and before I knew it someone almost took my bag. Anyway, hopefully, this isn't the norm but I would give yourself extra time at the airport.  4:00 PM or after seems excessive.  

If it was me I would look for a flight after 2:00 PM but I would have my TA check with Crystal to get more clarification on what these times represent before making any flight decisions.

Also while the roll call is not very active you could post there to see what others might know and what times they are booking flights.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat,

I am not sure what the times mean.  I looked at a bunch of other sailings and they all have a range of times such as 8:00 to 10:30 AM.  8:30 to 11:00 AM and so forth.  I don't like to guess. I would ask them do they mean these are the times one can disembark.  Some actually make sense such as 8:00 to 10:30 AM.  So I would double check on what this means for Lisbon.  9:00 seems late to start disembarkation.  

4:00 PM seems late for a flight.

I tend to error on the conservative side though because even if arrival time as 7:30 or 8:00 AM there is always the chance something goes wrong. I've only flown out of Lisbon one time. I remember the ticket counter didn't open until a certain time and then we had to drop off the checked bags to another area and then security was chaotic. I like to put my carry-on's on the security screening when I know I can't go right through myself and I remember after putting them on they held us back and before I knew it someone almost took my bag. Anyway, hopefully, this isn't the norm but I would give yourself extra time at the airport.  4:00 PM or after seems excessive.  

If it was me I would look for a flight after 2:00 PM but I would have my TA check with Crystal to get more clarification on what these times represent before making any flight decisions.

Also while the roll call is not very active you could post there to see what others might know and what times they are booking flights.

Keith

Keith,

I have not flown out of the Lisbon airport so I do not know the airport.  It sounds quite chaotic.  All of the flights to U.S. are in the morning, latest is 12:20pm.  If Serenity arrives Lisbon at 9am, the earliest flight is 2pm (using the 5hr flight recommendation).  This means that I have to stay in Lisbon another day and fly out in the morning.   I will have my TA call Crystal and verify the arrival time.  

Thank you so much for your post. 

Pat

Pat, you are very welcome.

The one time we sailed out of Lisbon it was the cruise right before dry dock so on the plus side they pushed to start debark early but we arrived the day before.  Yes, see what the TA comes back with.

Sometimes we stay over depending on timing and what flights we want such as if we can get a direct flight but I know that is not ideal and adds some additional cost.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat, you are very welcome.

The one time we sailed out of Lisbon it was the cruise right before dry dock so on the plus side they pushed to start debark early but we arrived the day before.  Yes, see what the TA comes back with.

Sometimes we stay over depending on timing and what flights we want such as if we can get a direct flight but I know that is not ideal and adds some additional cost.

Keith

Thanks Keith.

I have some decision to make.  None of the flights are ideal!
Pat

Peribit,

we flew out of Lisbon in March . My advice is give yourself plenty of time.

The airport is very busy and chaotic. The biggest challenge was finding our airline.

we flew AA and it is on the second level.

Security was steady and without TSA was slow.  Once thru , we found the Admirals club. Where I was able to have my last Portuguese tart.    We are also on the first segment but will continue on.

• Like 2

I would continue onto the next segment if I do not have another cruise booked for September.  I think my only option is to stay in Lisbon for one more night and fly out in the morning.

Par

36 minutes ago, peribit said:

I would continue onto the next segment if I do not have another cruise booked for September.  I think my only option is to stay in Lisbon for one more night and fly out in the morning.

Par

I suggest staying in lisbon one night post cruise…less stressful.  I stayed at the Avenida Plaza and it was a lovely hotel.

Nancy

10 hours ago, peribit said:

......All of the flights to U.S. are in the morning, latest is 12:20pm. ....

I don't know about the date in question, but I flew on TAP from Lisbon to Newark in April, and the flight left Lisbon at 6:30 PM.

10 minutes ago, peribit said:

I am in California so the 6:30pm flight to Newark does not work for me.  I think the best bet is staying in Lisbon one more night.  

Yes.

And before you decide where to stay determine the flight you want.  That is what I would nail down first because if it is very early that might impact the location for your hotel.

I've also broken trip down where that makes sense such as flying to USA and staying over at a hotel connected to the airport.  

I look at all options including the prices.

Pat good luck with this.

Keith