How to go from Amber Cove to Taino Bay

funinthsun

Both ports are near the city of Puerto Plata, along the same road. Amber Cove is further out, approx 8 miles. Carnival family of ships stop here.

You would pass Taino Bay going into town from AC, but not sure why you would stop, it is not open to the public.  RC family of ships stop here. 

If you are meeting friends on another ship, have them meet you in town at the square, by the cathedral. Everybody knows where that is, and it is central. 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:54 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

Both ports are near the city of Puerto Plata, along the same road. Amber Cove is further out, approx 8 miles. Carnival family of ships stop here.

You would pass Taino Bay going into town from AC, but not sure why you would stop, it is not open to the public.  RC family of ships stop here. 

If you are meeting friends on another ship, have them meet you in town at the square, by the cathedral. Everybody knows where that is, and it is central. 

I think there is a lot to see in PP. The town square and surrounding streets are fun and scenic to explore. There are rum factory tours, cigar bars where you can roll your own, chocolate factories, a stunning fort, a cable car (or bus) up to the Christ the Redeemer statue and surrounding jungle gardens to name a few.

Take some time to scroll this board for more ideas.

On my first visit, I took an all day comprehensive tour, and I was glad I did. Saw a lot, but also got ideas for next visits. 

The people are lovely, and dedicated to offering a positive tourism experience, unlike many of the islands. They even have a special tourism Police Force, who are very visible and will assist at busy street crossings, offer directions, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

No, not walkable. 8 miles, 20 minute drive, according to their website. 

Looks like $35 is for 5 people, so the best option would probably be to go to the cab stand and say loudly "Who wants to share a cab into town?". 

My mistake, thought those prices were from Taino Bay, which is much closer to Puerto Plata