Explain? Cancellation policy before 90 days out?

I am confused by the seemingly conflicting statements about cancellation. (I do not want to cancel. I am weighing out which trip insurance options I need.)

I did not opt for the “pay extra for a refundable deposit.” The docs say “$500 deposit non refundable.”  But they also list out fees lost by the date schedule: “89-75 days before departure 25%”, etc. 

So what happens if cancelled before 90 days out? Lose $500 or no?

7 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I am confused by the seemingly conflicting statements about cancellation. (I do not want to cancel. I am weighing out which trip insurance options I need.)

I did not opt for the “pay extra for a refundable deposit.” The docs say “$500 deposit non refundable.”  But they also list out fees lost by the date schedule: “89-75 days before departure 25%”, etc. 

Simply stated, NRD are now truly that. Cancel your cruise and you will forfeit your deposit completely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

It depends when you booked.  For bookings made since this March, it is truly a non-refundable deposit unless you move it to a new cruise in which case you are out $100 per person in change fees.

If you booked before March, you may be able to get back the remainder (minus the $100 per person change fees) back in the form of future cruise credit.

You do not start losing more than your deposit until you get the cancellation schedule you reference.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. So, deposit is lost either way, and after 90 days out, more is lost. That does help the decision. 
Mostly i am trying to decide whether to pay 50% more for CFAR clause in case something comes up with our high school son, not sailing. 

One more question: if we needed to Lift and Shift dates for $100, are the deadlines the same as the cancellation? 
I don’t know why X can’t explain these things more clearly. I honestly took out a magnifying glass to look at my reservation docs, but can’t be sure of the answers.

Edited by TravelingCircusof5

1 hour ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

One more question: if we needed to Lift and Shift dates for $100, are the deadlines the same as the cancellation? 

Celebrity used to have a Lift and Shift program but that is long ended unless Celebrity cancels your cruise.  If you are unable to take the cruise and it is before the 90 day deadline you have 2 options right now.  Forfeit the entire deposit. Or, move the sailing to a different date and/or ship, keeping the same booking number.  In this case you would lose $100 PP from the deposit. The new cancellation deadlines would coincide with the new sailing.

• Like 1