What happens if one cabin member cancels?

londonpeanuts

Hi- long story, but 1 adult and 2 children sharing a cabin for a fly cruise, but one of the children may now be unable to go. In the event this is the case, what happens when one member of the party has to cancel- is a refund available? Or onboard credit or P&O credit etc? Anyone have any idea? TIA

13 minutes ago, londonpeanuts said:

Hi- long story, but 1 adult and 2 children sharing a cabin for a fly cruise, but one of the children may now be unable to go. In the event this is the case, what happens when one member of the party has to cancel- is a refund available? Or onboard credit or P&O credit etc? Anyone have any idea? TIA

The answer depends on whether or not you have paid the full balance or not. For a non-fly cruise, the policy is that after the balance has been paid no refund is due. If the cancellation is before the balance due date there is a cancellation fee (which may equate to the deposit for the cancelled passenger) and the price for the other cabin occupants is adjusted to reflect the price that would have applied at the time the original booking was made. There are no refunds or credit in lieu I’m afraid. It may be more complicated for a fly cruise depending on the status of the flight tickets,but hopefully someone else can advise on that. Either way, your travel agent (or P&O if booked direct) can give you the precise answer and cost implications, but do ask about any cancellation fee, as our TA failed to mention this when we had to remove a passenger from a booking. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all- thanks so much for your help. I’m trying to find out the reverse problem now- essentially, my 16yo daughter was fairly last minute unable to come on a fly cruise. I ended up cancelling her off the booking on the last day I could still get any money back at all (£50 is £50). However with days until sailing, there is a small chance she might be able to join- do you think they would let me add her back on for what I already paid?

34 minutes ago, londonpeanuts said:

do you think they would let me add her back on for what I already paid?

If you are within days of sailing the answer I would guess is no - and that is before you even start to take the flight into consideration.

The only way you can have a definitive answer is from P&O - either direct or via your TA if that is how you made the booking.