Transferred Booking to TA

Ghicksjr

I recently booked 2 cruises on Regent Seven Seas. I joined a FB group about Regent and got an email from a TA wanting to offer me incentives to transfer my 2 new booking for extra onboard credit. I spoke with Regent and they said this happens regularly and was no problem. I specifically asked if any changes would occur to my online account with Regent and was told no. I agreed and transferred my bookings. I immediately lost access to my account balances and my ability to pay through the Regent website. This is very concerning to me. I have not heard back from an email I sent to my Regent advisor. Any advice is appreciated. I do not like losing access to my account balance and ability to pay online. 

I use a TA all the time. 
I initially book my cruise directly with Regent. 
Then I call my agent to pick up the cruise. 
I now pay all balances through my agent.
Make all changes through them. Except those I can make through Regent website, including all my shore excursions etc.

I receive a rebate from them. 
I have an excellent relationship with them.
They are very responsive to my requests and needs. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I use a TA all the time. 
I initially book my cruise directly with Regent. 
Then I call my agent to pick up the cruise. 
I now pay all balances through my agent.
Make all changes through them. Except those I can make through Regent website, including all my shore excursions etc.

I receive a rebate from them. 
I have an excellent relationship with them.
They are very responsive to my requests and needs. 
sheila

Thank you for the reply. Makes me feel some better. I was shocked when I lost all real time data to my balances and lost the ability to pay online. 

1 minute ago, Ghicksjr said:

Thank you for the reply. Makes me feel some better. I was shocked when I lost all real time data to my balances and lost the ability to pay online. 

It is important for you to be secure with your agent. Talk to them. Tell them your concerns regarding your communications with them. If they are reputable, they will explain their procedures. 
sheila

• Like 1

When I pay Regent I do it through my TA - they process it using my credit card but the charge is made directly by Regent - my TA never has access to my funds. Ask your new agent how they handle payment 

I would be uncomfortable paying the TA and relying on them to then pay Regent in due course 

• Like 3