Hotel in safe area needed for large family group

tillys mom

Is this Seattle?

If you want downtown, I know Pioneer Square is not one of the safer areas, so probably want to avoid that. Anywhere in the heart of the city is going to be pretty expensive during cruise season.

If you want near the airport (much less expensive), we really liked Country Inn & Suites Radisson by SEATAC for our group of 9; free airport shuttle, clean rooms and free breakfast. The area was one of the safer ones near the airport although you don't want to be walking around there much anyway (and not much to see regardless).

Do you need a hotel for the night before your embarkation the next day, or are you wanting to do touristic activity for a day or two?

If  you just  need a hotel for the night I suggest one of the corporate hotels at the airport. They provide courtesy vans.  You can then arrange a large transport to the pier with Seattle Express.

If you want to spend a day or two doing touristic activity then I suggest one of the large corporate hotels on the east side of Seattle Center.  You can see them on google maps.   You can visit the center and use the Monorail to get to the Downtown core and visit The Market.  Transport to the Pier for your eventual embarkation can be most easily done with Lyft or Uber.  You can also book Seattle Express vans to shuttle the larger group and luggage.

With 4 people per room the rates could be seen as very reasonable even in the downtown core.  All the major chains are there with high rise hotels that can easily accommodate your group. The Monorail makes it easy to get to the Seattle Center

Mediterranean Inn is ideal for big groups - edit, just checked the website as I had a sneaking suspicion they had upgraded and indeed they now say ALL rooms have AC, so ignore my prior point about some rooms being even cheaper without AC...

The roof deck is a great hangout, it's got typical outdoor furniture so you could move things around to sit together in the evening, watch the sun set over the water.

Queen Anne has a lot of restos, it's an easy walk to the needle/Chihuly (Science Center is good too if some of the group are kids or just like science centers!), MoPop entertains a wide age range, and while the hotel certainly isn't walking with suitcases distance to Pier 91 it's one of the closer options, no downtown core traffic to contend with, so Uber/taxis should be about $15 per vehicle.

Edited by martincath

On 6/12/2023 at 9:31 AM, tillys mom said:

Thank you! I am checking on options now since we need so many rooms.

Plus try to get a GROUP RATE on your rooms!  Whenever I arrange for numerous room I let them know and it usually works out for everyone.  Whether it be a lower price or upon arrival a better room 🙂  Seattle has changed so much (unfortunately because of homeless etc) as we are also ooking for a place NEXT year.  Happy traveling

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:31 PM, tillys mom said:

Thank you! I am checking on options now since we need so many rooms.

The Courtyard by Marriott South Lake Union is newly renovated and close to what you're interested in. And while Seattle was a bit squirley in 2020/2021, it's back to pre pandemic in terms of safety. I commute downtown and I don't feel unsafe walking around. Seattle is also pushing return to office so even more people downtown is going to continue to help. We have some of the lowest violent crime rates in the country for a city our size- our issue is mainly property crime. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2