Thermal Suite - Eurodam

Dutchie20

We will be on the Eurodam in February and we've been looking into available packages and see there is one for the Thermal suite for the duration of the cruise.

Does anyone have any reviews? We are wondering if the cost is worth it? Looks nice. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Dutchie20 said:

We will be on the Eurodam in February and we've been looking into available packages and see there is one for the Thermal suite for the duration of the cruise.

Does anyone have any reviews? We are wondering if the cost is worth it? Looks nice. 

Thank you!

I didn't even tour the space so I cannot offer my first-hand experience or comments.

My mother had the week long pass on our May 20th Alaska cruise. Bottom line she wouldn't reserve it again. Seems showers and locker rooms are great, but heat of the loungers were inconsistent and the pool wasn't a standard whirlpool where she could get a jet to hit a target area. She might try it on another ship but not on the Eurodam.

Perhaps others will offer additional comments.

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

I used the thermal pass this year on Eurodam April 29 - May 6 and really enjoyed it.

There were a few times the heated ceramic loungers were full, but I was able to get one by going to the Hydro pool then back to the loungers; there was only 1 time all week when that wasn't the case. The temperature is controlled by a pad at the back of it - staff can help adjust it. I like it hot hot hot and use a towel just because I can't imagine my skin touching the tiles, but it can be used w/or w/o towel which impacts the heat. Loungers are not on timers and are on the honor system; there's a sign posted to limit usage to (I think) 20 min. I think most people watch their time, but I did see people napping in them.

The Hydro pool isn't what I expected the first time I used it (was expecting a full-on bubbling jetted HOT tub, which it is not), but I did enjoy it. It is marm water (not hot). There is a sprayer to target neck and back which is great for the places the pool jets don't hit. One note on Eurodam which I didn't encounter on Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam is the lift/swing for mobility guests - it is positioned where it eliminates one of the sprayers, leaving the only sprayer positioned right at the bottom of the stairs for guests going into/out of the hydropool. Other ships have 2 sprayers so access is not an issue.

I keep telling myself to take an inflatable pillow so my head doesn't bounce off the metal rods, but somehow manage to board the ship w/o one; highly recommend a pillow. There was never a time the Hydro pool was at capacity.

Occasionally any of the 3 saunas was full, but not for long and didn't keep me from using them. 

There are showers in the same room as the ceramic loungers; they can be loud when water is turned up. One time one of them ran so long I thought someone had left it on and went to turn it off. Nope, there was a person in it - sitting on the floor w/water beating on their head. I really think they were asleep. That shower was running when I walked in the room and was still running when I walked out 25 min later. It was not soothing to me.

I went a couple times every day at different times, based on port times.

Obviously, her experience will vary depending on number of passes sold, how full the ship is, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1