B2b: Get the same room for both legs for more than the obvious reason

fstuff1

Obvious reason: You dont have to move for the 2nd leg.

Not so obvious: 

- Some ships (Star, Breakaway, and maybe others) won't carry over unused sdp dinners if in different room for 2nd leg. (I usually buy 6 sdp if doing a b2b)
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2943703-b2b-on-star-unused-additional-dining-package-doesnt-carry-to-2nd-leg-if-different-rooms/#comment-65536661

- Can't get room key for 2nd leg till at least 8am on debarkation day if in different room.

That new room key works immediately so they dont want you accessing someone else's cabin. 

8am is when everyone must be out of their cabin.

This is inconvenient if you're planning on going out to port before 8am and returning in the afternoon

Edited by fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to B2b: Get the same room for both legs for more than the obvious reason

Less obvious reasons:

1. You will have the same cabin steward. They know your habits and preferences.

2. Better chance that loyalty amenities will be applied for the second week. I have had the experience (three times) where amenities stayed with the old cabin and some one else benefited. One was a friend of mine who was a first time NCL cruiser. She not only received my Sapphire Loyalty benefits but also the VIP status they were giving at the time to reward B2B! I had to visit the Loyalty desk to get dinner vouchers, and my dining/theatre reservations were missing and had to be re-booked.

It is funny before COVID we had a b2b booked with different cabins for the Med we had chosen an inside since it was so port intensive we figured the cabin would be more like a hotel room.  The 2nd part was a Transatlantic with many days at sea so we had a balcony cabin.

Most times it would be a plus to keep the  same cabin.