Cruise Photographers

Scotty1

Seabourn did have photographers on for a while..but no longer do. My husband and I have not missed them. We take our own pictures and they are just fine. It was nice to have your picture with the Captain..but for the most part..the photographers were just in the way.

Seabourn says that more and more cruisers arrived with their own digital cameras and video cameras, and the onboard photo concession just stopped selling many pictures, At the same time, more and more people wanted massagews and other spa services, so guess who is sleeping now where the photographer used to sleep?

bgood

With the size of the ship (low # of passengers) and the demographics, I would guess that the number of pictures being sold was low. Probably important to those that did buy them, but not enough to keep someone employed. Not sure about everyone here, but those that have been around a few years have boxes full of pictures.... somewhere.. I forget where they are. LOL

don't forget the new in-room concealed telescoping cameras they have in the suites as an anti terrorist precaution, so the crew can sit around and have a few good laughs..

just kidding!

i often found the photos they offered had me looking almost as good as my driver's license.they always seemed to get me when I had broccoli in my teeth..

anyone cruising on april 18 from montecarlo?

Scotty, I think we'll be on your cruise. I'll take your picture. The great thing about Seabourn is that all the annoying, hokie stuff that the big ships have, will not be found on Seabourn. My last Seabourn cruise was 5 years ago and they took individual photos on the formal night. The staff will never intrude on your good time, but seems to know when you need something.

You'll love it!

When we were on our first Seabourn cruise last year, it was right before they eliminated the photographer position. The hotel manager explained to us that it came down to economics. Very few photographs were being purchased as most passenger's enjoyed using their digital cameras, so the revenue didn't justify the costs.

The photographer that we had on the cruise had a tremedous sense of humor and everytime we saw him he had us laughing quite a bit.

Keith

Scotty, I think we'll be on your cruise. I'll take your picture. The great thing about Seabourn is that all the annoying, hokie stuff that the big ships have, will not be found on Seabourn. My last Seabourn cruise was 5 years ago and they took individual photos on the formal night. The staff will never intrude on your good time, but seems to know when you need something.

You'll love it!

Hi Susan, you're right we're on the 26th Legend sailing. Thanks for your offer we'll definitely take you up on it, and will also take some for you if you would like. See you on the 26th.

Lots of great places to take pictures on this cruise. But don't forget to take an extra card and a spare battery for your camera. Plus don''t leave you charger home. Have met do many people on cruises that have forgotten to take the extra camera equipment. We are from Philly.

Archived