Live (almost) from the Enchanted Princess June 24-July 15 Best of the Mediterranean

fpsphil

On 7/12/2023 at 8:13 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

A few years ago, we took a Princess transfer from Civitavecchia to the Rome train station. They had Princess reps there who made sure everyone who wanted one was able to get a cab to city center.

I don't recall the cost, but this summer we are taking the Princess transfer from the Rome airport to Civitavecchia port and the cost is $89/person.

When I spoke to my CVP when I made final payment she told me transfers from Rome center could only happen if I booked the hotel through Princess.

• Like 1

Barcelona: Decided to sleep in a bit this morning as we were tired after already going for 2 weeks onboard. This ended up working in our advantage since when I went down to the IC to get coffee there were lines of people disembarking for the day. This also gave us the opportunity to watch some of the turn around day activities and wander around different room categories including walking through the Sky Suites up on deck 18. Once we were off just did a Hop-On-Hop-Off tour and were able to complete both loops around the city. Not enough time to go into Sagrada Familia unfortunately but got to see a lot within the city. Was back onboard a couple minutes before all aboard time even as Princess transfers were still dropping off bags on the dock. Overall good day but wish we would have stayed in port a bit later.

Sea Day: Woke up to a phone call from the manager of 360 who I had caught a few days earlier in regards to seeing if we could get 360 and sure enough we were in for the second sitting. We were super super excited to experience this and the entire rest of the day was spent getting hyped up for our forthcoming experience. Weather was absolutely perfect so got a full use of the balcony with almost no wind to be had across the decks. Dinner itself was perfect, there has been other threads all about 360 and I don't plan on ruining any surprises beyond what has already leaked out but if you have the opportunity to experience this drop what you are doing and take it. The amount of food and the flavors had us in a food coma the entire next day in Gibraltar!

Gibraltar: Another day with a later start due to our Cruise Critic arranged private tour scheduled for 12 meaning we got off around 10 to wander around the downtown area. Happy to arrive in Gibraltar via cruise ship as we were not super impressed with the entire downtown area and quickly finished the main street. Our tour though was great and we were able to experience all the sights on the top of the rock and a drive all around Gibraltar with an experienced local guide. Despite the heat we all walked across the runway at the end of the tour and all had a great time. I would highly recommend doing a small private tour in Gibraltar instead of a cruise one as the groups we saw were all packed into little mini busses that did not look pleasant at all.

Will post up Marseille, Genoa and Livorno as well details of the disembarkation mess we experienced in Rome a little later this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, barkingator said:

Which Dining room is most peoples favorite on Enchanted Princess?

We only ate in Capri as that was where club class dining was. Amalfi was nice as well but was only in there during wine tasting

On 7/21/2023 at 2:08 PM, mike&elena said:

fpsphil-

We will be on the Enchanted in October and would love to get invited to the 360 Experience.  How do we locate the 360 manager?

Caught him right as they brought in the 5PM sitting. They meet right outside international cafe under the stair case.