More people need to know about these boards

Hi-- My family is booked on the 7/8/06 empress from Philly to Bermuda. Several of the roll call threads have stated that not many people have signed on to the boards, or signed up for the Meet & Mingle. Our thread only has 4 posters. I wrote an e-mail to Royal Caribbean (since they work with CC to do the party) and asked that they let everyone that books know about the CCboards and M&Ms. I thought that if all of us sent an e-mail, maybe they'd be more proactive. thanks!

Denise:)

Don't wish for something because you might get it. If Royal Caribbean told everyone about these boards and about the meet & mingles they would turn in to a circus similar to the cocktail party for repeat cruisers. The M&M's can be enjoyable because the attendance is in fact lmited and you can speak face to face with people you had talked to online for months. If 500 people were to show up it would be a zoo and all intimacy would be lost and you would likely never meet anyone you conversed with previously on these boards. In addition, since Royal Caribbean is nice enough to provide refreshments for these gatherings they would incur a much bigger cost if the crowd increased significantly and I think they would be more likely to do away with them. If these gatherings were widely advertied you would get lots of people that are not active on these boards and would just show up in the hope of getting a free drink.

If Royal Caribbean told everyone about these boards and about the meet & mingles they would turn in to a circus similar to the cocktail party for repeat cruisers.

But they do! That's how I found these boards...from Royal Caribbean's website. There is a whole "Meet and Mingle" section on their FAQ page.

Tracy

But they do! That's how I found these boards...from Royal Caribbean's website. There is a whole "Meet and Mingle" section on their FAQ page. Tracy

My impression was that the OP meant that RCI should actively promote the M&M's such as including info in the cruise documents or something similar that everyone was likely to see. The poor turn out and poor rate of sign-ups for many M&M's would seem to indicate that few people read the FAQ page.

My personal opinion is that many of the benefits I find on this board are because its a best kept little secret.

I spoke to a local woman today who has cruised 3 times with RCCL, just got back from the same cruise I'll be on in 3 weeks and had no clue this board existed.

I'd have to agree that if EVERYONE knew it would not be as beneficaial. The way I look at it is you are interested in researching your cruise, its EASY to find this. Thats how I found this board I did a google search for cruise reviews to read about my cruise and wala cruise critic appeared.

Superjerry....I didn't look at it from your perspective....but you have some good points. I just am frustrated because one guy has 100 people signed up for M&M and ours has 14. :( But I see your point of wanting to keep the M&Ms more intimate. I guess, like KKeeganS says, the inquisitive folks looking for more will find us. thanks for the insight!

39927384.gif

The poor turn out and poor rate of sign-ups for many M&M's would seem to indicate that few people read the FAQ page.

ROFL....this board wouldn't be so popular and busy if many people read the FAQs. Point taken! :)

T

I'm another who is happy that not everyone knows about these boards. We get lots of tips from each other about hidden secrets or gems on the ships. If everyone knew the great cabins or the cool restaurant in this port or that, we wouldn't have any advantage and these places would be swamped. We have lots of friends who are amazed at how much we read before a holiday but these are the same people who constantly say "how did you KNOW about that!" when we tell them the neat things we've done.

Archived