MSC Buffet Seating Tip...

Stockjock

I just watched a YouTube video where the blogger was going a bit crazy because they couldn't find a seat in the buffet.

While some of you know this, here's the tip...

There's usually plenty of seats in the extreme front (forward) part of the buffet or the extreme back (aft) part of the buffet.  If you want to sit where everyone else wants to sit, it's tougher to find a seat.  Walk a bit and it's usually no issue.

We were on Virtuosa on NYE with a sold out ship & buffet seating was not an issue, as we sat in the very back of the buffet area.

Besides, walking is good for you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely! We've been in the buffet on Virtuosa surrounded by empty seats while reading on the FB group that there is no room. The same with queueing for food, go to the stations at the back, they are usually almost empty.

Don't understand why people won't do this, I really believe some people just want to moan😀.

• Like 2

Our strategy(Virtuosa) is the high tops near the bar when available.

Every floor server walks past you and once the bar staff know you you can nod for the next drink.

Over the winter you could always get a table outside at the back.  

I agree. Every msc ship I've been on we always go to the back of the buffet. Its quieter and if they have an area where you can go outside even better (only if warm though!) There is a tea coffee station at the back too usually and juice stations not far away. Food stations no where near as busy at the back unless ships are at full capacity/sea days when people realise theres more if you walk a bit further. Even better on port days if you decide to stay on board when everyone has got off the ship, the back of the buffet is practically empty. 

6 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

I agree. Every msc ship I've been on we always go to the back of the buffet. Its quieter and if they have an area where you can go outside even better (only if warm though!) There is a tea coffee station at the back too usually and juice stations not far away. Food stations no where near as busy at the back unless ships are at full capacity/sea days when people realise theres more if you walk a bit further. Even better on port days if you decide to stay on board when everyone has got off the ship, the back of the buffet is practically empty. 

There's usually, if not always, also a restroom aft of the buffet, which can be convenient.  It can be found just before you exit the buffet to go outside.

Edited by Stockjock

15 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

There's usually, if not always, also a restroom aft of the buffet, which can be convenient.  It can be found just before you exit the buffet to go outside.

Yes, there are! I forgot about them! Also in the other bit where no one ever sits where they have heated table centres (not sure what you call them and i've never seen them used) at the other end as you walk out to the main pool area between the 2 sliding doors also. It's usually the female ones and the mens on the other side.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kernow said:

Absolutely! We've been in the buffet on Virtuosa surrounded by empty seats while reading on the FB group that there is no room. The same with queueing for food, go to the stations at the back, they are usually almost empty.

Don't understand why people won't do this, I really believe some people just want to moan😀.

I was just going to add that as well. Same food stations at the back were much less crowded.  I learned this pretty quick. Even on disembarkation day when everyone was trying to eat.